Eliza

"This is beautiful, Eli." Kath said as she wandered around the venue. She's my Maid of Honour and we're just getting some last minute stuff in before the wedding, which is later on today.

Chanse wanted to have a later wedding because it's been one of her dreams to get married by a body of water at sunset. So I made that happen. We're getting married on the side of Lake Tahoe and then we'll stay at the nearby hotels. Chanse let me arrange the honeymoon, and I've always wanted to go to Rozinya. It seems like nice place and really pretty scenery.

Right now though, we're trying to make sure that the wedding is going to plan but my 'wedding planner' isn't here yet. She has been awful, so bad that Chanse and I have had to do most of the work. She's unorganised and stupid. Plain stupid. She had asked us both about husbands. We're literally getting married to each other!

She's really trying my patience and I find that I am a very patient person.

"Chanse loved the idea as soon as I suggested Tahoe." I reply.

"I bet she did. This is amazing."

"Do you think Macsen and Rhys will like it too?"

"Definitley. I mean, sure, they're only three years old but they can appreciate beauty too."

We decided to wait a couple of years because we still had to tell Phoenix about the kids and then the engagement.

"They'll be home any minute now. How are you feeling?" Gemma asked the two of us while Macsen and Rhys watch a movie in Gemma's bedroom down the hall.

"Good." Chanse nodded.

I WAS SHITTING MYSELF.

How can Chanse be so calm? I have no idea if Phoenix will be super angry and I have no clue how they will react. I hope they understand. But this is gonna feel so backstabbing for them.

"Babe, I'm home!" their voice calls and I felt my heart drop.

"Baby!" Gemma squealed as she ran to her partner. She was excited to see them as they'd been at school for a while. They hadn't come home at all.

"Hi!" Phoenix chuckled, "I missed you, too."

"I missed you so much, baby." Gemma whined, then I heard them kiss.

"I missed you more." Phoenix argued.

"Mhm, sure." Gemma giggled, "Oh! Chanse and Eli are here. They have something to tell you and you need to be patient with them and hear them out, okay?"

"Um, okay? Is something wrong? What's happened?" Phoenix worried.

"We'll just let Chanse and Eli explain." Gemma said. And then they walked into the living room, where we were.

"Hi," Chanse greeted Phoenix as she got up and gave them a small hug, "How is Uni going?"

"Great, thanks. It feels like it's been decades since I last saw you both. Hi, Eli!" they greet as the sit next to me on the couch.

I stayed in my place because I feel like my legs would give way if I got up. I just give them a nod and a wave. As if to make my life more difficult, Macsen came running in, screaming, "Mama! I'm bored!" and then crashed into me.

"Is that a child?" Phoenix asked.

"Yes. This is Macsen, she's our first born."

"First born? As in... As in you have more than one kid? Wait... When did this happen? Why am I finding out about this now?"