Chanse

"Auntie Chanse!" the girls cheer when I meet them in the lobby.

"Hi, gorgeous girls!" I respond as I run to them to hug them. They have cute little backpacks on their shoulders and they wear the cutest smiles.

"We're gonna go. Thanks again, Chanse." Apollo waves before kneeling down to Grace as Evan couches to Ava.

"You two be good. I mean it. I love you both."

"Bye, Mama. I hope you and Mom have fun at the bar." Grace nods.

"We will, sweetheart." Evan says. The four say their goodbyes and the girls turn to me, ready for a fun sleepover.

"Before we do anything, let's get you guys something to eat. Also, my friend will be joining us, is that okay?"

"Yeah! Where is she?" Ava says, looking around for 'my friend'. By friend, I mean Mrs Peters and I told them this so then it's easier than explaining that I'm rooming with my teacher.

"She's gonna meet us down in the hotel restaurant." I smile to the girls. We go back up to the room and drop their stuff off before going to the restaurant. Luckily, the girls were already dressed smartly because they're still in the clothes they wore to the theatre today.

I find Mrs Peters down in the restaurant with a table for four ready for us. She smiled and waved but her eyes lit up when she saw the girls.

"Auntie Lau!" they yelled as they sprinted through the restaurant, almost tipping over a waiter. Luckily, he didn't have any food or drink with him, but he still scowled at my nieces. And that kinda peeves me off. They're just kids going to see their Aunt-

Wait... Aunt?

I follow them to the table and I listen to them ramble to Mrs Peters about anything and everything, all the while Mrs Peters wears a bright smile. Mrs Peters must notice my shocked expression, and she elaborates.

"Their Mom is my sister-in-law." she simply said. I nod and take a look at the menu.

"Auntie Chanse, do we have to order from the kids menu? It has really bad choices." Ava whines at me from across the table.

"Don't tell your parents," I wink as I slide the adults menu to her. Grace just peers over my shoulder.

"What're you going to get, Auntie Chanse?" Grace questioned.

"I don't know. How about yourself?"

"Um, I was hoping that we could get a big plate of nachos from a different place to share? I don't really want anything from this menu and you need to eat a lot for the baby."

"Did your Mama tell you?"

"She did. She said that we can't tackle you in hugs and we need to be careful so we don't hurt the baby. I don't wanna hurt the baby." Grace's sweet innocent eyes gaze into mine, full of gentleness and care.

"Okay. We can go to another place." I nod. Because Mrs Peters heard our conversation, she nodded and waved us off.

"Go. I got this one." she grinned.

Grace and Ava hugged goodbye before I took my niece's hand in mine and lead her out to the front of the hotel where I called a cab. We pile into the back seat and I tell the driver to take into a food hall nearby.

On the way there, I get a text from Eli.

Hey babes. I'm feeling cheeky tonight and fancy going out with you. Where are you at? I'll come meet you if you're out.