Chanse

A year and a bit later...

What. A. Year.

So much has happened. Let's start with the obvious. Macsen and Rhys turned one years old! They're the cutest little things to ever exist ever. And they're both walking. Which shocked me. But Eli did say that she's been walking from around that age and even talking. Macsen can say things like, "Mom" and "Mama", but Rhys has been talking a lot more and she can get out simple sentences. Another trait from Eli but also a tell for autism. She's very complex and high functioning, but usually stays away from social... Anything really. But we don't know. She could just be naturally shy, but we are going to get her tested.

Macsen is loving everything about life. She loves going up the space net and helping Eli look after the greyhounds we currently have in the kennels. We have ten. And more on the way. The kennel that Eli built can comfortably house about thirty greyhounds. And they're treated like royalty here. We have some volunteers that come in and help. We have a closed off field where the hounds can run to let out their energy and they still are walked through out the grounds of the property. It's wonderful and all of the dogs are amazingly nice. Macsen loves to play with them.

"Doggy!" she'd say. She loves animals and therefore adores her Auntie Sydney. Rhys, being more quiet and reserved, likes to keep to herself and she'll usually just hang around with me.

Even though that the kids look like me, brown eyes, dark hair, sharp jawlines and plump lips, their skin is lighter than mine but their hair is still curly, they definitley take after Eli in some ways. Macsen, for example, has a middle part and Eli's smile. We compare our baby photos to the girls and Macsen and Eli look almost identical in terms of their smile. It's hard to tell with Rhys because she doesn't find much amusing. She loves watching Eli 'fall' down, more sliding down on her stomach than falling down, the stairs which elicits a small smirk, which looks a lot like Raphie. But Rhys definitely takes after Eli in terms of mannerisms. They walk the same and stand the same. It can be like having two mimi-Elizas around here. And Eli loves spending time with the kids.

We've found a nice balance between work and school. I'm aiming to become a screenwriter and I'm on track for that, having Eli and the kids as my personal cheerleaders. They're all so cute.

My Mom was ecstatic when she heard about Rhys. She was right over to our house and all over me and Eli. Asking how I was, if we were happy and when Eli was going to ask me to marry her. Which she hasn't done. I'm not expecting a proposal but I know Mom is considering we've had two kids together already. But we've never really talked about marriage. Is that like, a topic you bring while you're both in bed in that time you just sit there before you go to sleep?

Like right now?

Eli's next to me, doing the most Eli-thing ever and reading. I'm just sort of sat here, not doing anything in particular. I look over to Eliza. She puts her book down and looks over to me.

"You didn't have to stop reading, Gwenyn." I say.

"Yes, I did. I wanted to look at you." she smiled lightly.

"You know how to pull on my heartstrings, don't you?"

"Well, yeah." she scoffed jokingly.

"I love you."

"I love you, too." she replied. There was a small silence before Eliza broke it, "What do you think about getting married?"

That took me by surprise. That was the very thing I wanted to talk about, the very thing I was thinking about before. Did she just read my mind?

"I've been thinking about that." I said.

"Yeah? Is it something. Is that you'd want to do?"

"It is. I think we're ready for it and we love each other enough. I think we should do it."

"Okay," she said, then she reached over and pulled out a ring, "Will you marry me, Chanse Moreno?"

I cannot believe that just happened. And of course, I say yes, and of course we celebrate. We tried our best to keep quiet but we're getting married now!

Mom is gonna be so happy and I hope Dad is too. And maybe he'll finally meet his grandchildren.