Chanse

We were eating outside as it was a barbecue dinner. I loved the mid-October chill in the air. I'm able to have a hoodie on and not die from heat exhaustion.

Eli said that she didn't want any of her siblings to know about us since it was about Billie and Danny today. I mean, it was their birthdays after all. I understood. We do sneak back inside every so often to have a kiss or two, but otherwise, no one else has seemed to catch on.

As I was stood there, eating a hot dog, Eli comes up to me with a tall blonde with blue eyes. She looked exactly like Christina but she was taller.

"This is Raphael. She's the one who gives me the teddies." Eli explains.

Raphael nodded to me but her eyes scanned over me, like she was judging me.

"Raphie, this is Chanse." Eli motioned to me.

"You like teddies?" the blonde questionned.

"I do."

"Good. Eli has twenty-seven."

"Last time I checked, it was twenty-six." I point out.

"I brought her another one." Raphael shrugged.

"Do they have a name?"

"Bernadette." Eli grins, "She's a unicorn."

"I can't wait to meet her."

Eli looks back up to Raphael, almost as if she was asking her a silent question.

"I have something for you." Raphael states. She wasn't making eye contact and her wrists were swinging slightly at her sides.

"Okay..."

She left abruptly and I was just so confused right now.

"Be patient. She's Autistic. Not very good with social stuff." Eliza explains and I nod.

"She seems nice."

"She's awesome when you get to know her. She just has a deeper understanding for everyone. And she's not overly protective like my other sisters are."

Raphael came back with a teddy in her hands, "This is for you." she held the bear out towards me and I took it.

"Thank you so much!" I gasp as I hug it close.

"What're you gonna name it?" Raphael asked.

"Uh, I think I'll name him... Owain." I say.

"That's a good name. It's Welsh. My Mama's Welsh." Raphael smiled slightly.

"I'm glad you think so."

"I think you're great. You can call me Raphie. Bye." she said before leaving again.

"That's great! She likes you." Eli gushed.

"I'm so confused."

"She saw us sneaking into the house and followed us. Then she saw us kissing. She put two and two together and she had a spare teddy in the car. She wanted to meet you. Properly."

"Awe, that's sweet." I smile. "So I'm in her good books?"

"Yeah." Eli nodded. "Let's go mingle."

She dragged me by my arm to the crowd of sisters and nieces. We were stopped by a little girl who looked exactly like Jaydyn but she was about four years old.

"Auntie Eliza!" she grinned and made grabby hands towards my girlfriend. She picked her up and cuddled her. The girl looked at me and studied my face.

"Who's that?" she asked Eli.