Eliza

I went home absolutely ecstatic. I made a friend!

Chanse Moreno was my friend! And she likes- no - loves Joey's Apocalyptic Diary. That's a relief.

Wracking in ten million subscribers and counting is scary as hell.

I didn't know what to do when she'd mentioned it, so I just acted like a fan. It's good to stay anonymous. It felt sneaky. Not even my family know I make it, and I've seen Kath watch it.

"Mama! Mom! I'm home!" I call into the house.

"Hey, Eli. How was school?" Mama asked, appearing from the dining room, folding her arms across her chest, practically flexing her muscly arms.

"It was great! I made a friend!" I announce.

"A friend? My little Eli? Made a friend? Well, that's wonderful, Eliza Bach!" Mama chuckled, opening her arms to hold me. And of course, I run into them like the little kid I am.

"I'm so happy for you, kiddo."

"Thank you, Mama."

"So, tell me all about you're new friend." Mama said, leading me to the couch.

"Uh, okay. Where's Mom?"

"She went spontaneously shopping. She forgot to take her meds this morning."

"Oh, goodness me." I sigh.

"Indeed. Tell me all about your friend!"

"Her name is Chanse. She talks to me sometimes during homeroom and today she spent break with me and we talked about a series we both like. And I have her number too!"

"That's really wonderful, Eli. I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks, Mama."

"Maybe we could have her over for dinner sometime. What was her name? Chanse?"

"Yeah!"

"Invite her over sometime. Just let me know when you do. And find out if she has any allergies."

"Okay, Mama. Thank you!"

I hug her one last time before rushing to my room to get into some comfy clothes.

After dressing myself in sweats and a t-shirt, I immediately wanted to text Chanse.

Hey, it's Eliza.

Hey! I was looking forward to hearing from you.

Really? I'm flattered.

Yeah. I'm just so happy that we found another person who likes JAD.

We?

Oh, me and my bsf Gemma, hold on, lemme make a gc

Chanse added you to JADCHAT

(Gemma): Hello?

Chanse: It's just Eliza. She likes JAD too!

(Gemma): OH. That's freaking great!

Eliza: yeah.

I add Gemma as a new contact.

Gemma: So, how do you feel about the first season? I loved it. I cannot wait for season 2.

Eliza: I think it was pretty great.

As the person who created it, I'd think I'd like it as well.

Gemma: JUST GREAT?! Chanse, are you sure she's a fan?

Chanse: Maybe she thinks that S2 is gonna be even better.

Eliza: These things can only improve, right?

Season two is intense. And romantic. So yeah, it is going to get better.

Gemma: Ohhh so you say that because then you can leave room for improvement?

Eliza: ig

Gemma seems like one of those people who are very up in your face. Like she gives no personal space is overall, very loud and obnoxious. During my time in people watching, I am able to make accurate summaries on people with knowing them too well.

I'm not really into that conversation, or the group chat in general, so I leave.

Eliza left the group.

I let out a sigh of relief. Too much socialising. And I hate group chats anyway. I pick up my book and go to star the chapter but my phone buzzes.

It's Chanse. She's sent three messages.

Hey, are you okay?

How come you left the chat?

Do you still wanna be friends?

The last message sent a pang through my chest. Of course I still want to be friends. Just not with Gemma.

Hey, I'm fine. I left because I don't like group chats. And of curse I want to be your friend :)

Okay, good. I was scared for a minute. Was it Gemma?

Yeah, I'm sorry. I know she's your bsf but she's not compatible with me.

That's totally fine! I'm not gonna force you to be friends. She was just really excited that you liked JAD as well. Don't be sorry.

Okay. My Mama wanted to know if you wanted to come around for dinner sometime. And if you have any allergies.

I'd love to! I have cheer practise on Tuesdays and Thursdays so maybe not then. But any other time. And no allergies.

Good to know. How's Wednesday?

Perfect. I'll put it in my calendar.

Cwl.

Huh?

Nvm.

I put my phone down as Mama called us for dinner. It's only Kathryn and I nowadays. The triplets left pretty early. Raphie was the last to go. She started Vet college and is still studying courses but I think she's nearing her last year. She flew through what was supposed to be a seven year course in four years. Obviously, Apollo now lives with Evan and Hayley moved to England to marry Melissa.

Kath and I sit at the table, opposite to Mom and Mama. Mama made bolognese with garlic bread. Noice.

"So, Chanse said she could come over Wednesday." I say.

"Yeah? That's great! Has she any allergies?"

"None."

"Who's Chanse?" Mom asked and Kath nodded with her in confusing.

"My new friend." I grin.

Both Mom and Kath gasp.

"A friend?" Mom asked.

"Yeah. I think Kath might know her. Chanse Moreno from my homeroom."

"Oh! She comes from that Smosh obsessed family, right?" Kath questioned.

"Yeah!"

"Wait? So she's named after Chanse McCrary?"

"Yeah. And her siblings are named after some of the Smosh cast. Shayne, Arasha, Damien, Chanse, Angela and Amanda." Kath explained. She always knows everything about everyone. It's scary.

"That's crazy." Mama gasped.

"You named my older sister after Hayley Williams." I deadpan.

"That's because Hayley Williams saved my life." Mama defended.

"Fair enough." I shrug.