XLVII

Chanse

"Mom! I'm back!" I call into the house. Eli follows behind me as she insisted on helping me with my suitcase and bags.

"Chansey!" my Mom squealed as she rushed to me for a hug, "Oh, sweetheart, I missed you. I'm so sorry for everything. How are you? How's the little one? How's Eli? Oh, Eli! Hi!"

"We're all fine, Mom." I say, pulling away so she can hug Eli.

"Thank you for taking care of my Chansey. Are you staying for dinner?" Mom said as she released Eli.

"I can do, yeah. Do you mind if I stay the night, too?" Eli asked.

"Go for it. No baby-making though." Mom pointed her finger at my girlfriend.

"Mom!"

"I'm kidding. Just keep the noise down. Don't let Damien hear."

"Of course. Where are my babies?" I ask my Mom.

"They're spending time with their Auntie Arasha. She loves them to pieces and she's been helping me take care of them." Mom pouted, "You two head upstairs and I'll get your sister to bring them to you."

"Okay. Thanks, Mom." I gave her another hug and a kiss on the head and went upstairs. Eli followed after getting hugged and kissed my Mom a few more times. I led her into my room when she picked me up and place me gently on the bed, her between my legs.

"I love you." she said, her eyes are filled with so much love.

"I love you, too." I reply. She leant down and kissed me lightly and it felt good. Eli just makes me feel good. And I love her for it.

"And I love you, little Macsen." Eli put on her baby voice as she spoke to my stomach. I comb my fingers through her hair as she lifts my shirt up and kisses just below my belly button, "Oh, I need to talk to your Mom about taking her out."

"I really like the idea of you taking her out. It's sweet. Maybe I'll take your Mom out some day."

"After you give birth, she wouldn't want you out and about while carrying my very precious baby." she pouted.

"Okay. After Macsen is born." I conclude.

"Good, good." she smiled, "What does your Dad think about me?"

"Well," I started, "When I told my parent that I was pregnant, Dad got really upset because he thought I was cheating on you. So the fact that he got upset tells me he likes you." I shrug.

"Hmm." she hummed.

"Hmm?" I repeat.

"Hmm." she nodded.

"Why are we hmming?" I whisper.

"I don't know." she whispered back.

"Okay." I nod.

I pull her into me and smell her hair. She smells like honey and I love it. Her scent is always consistent. Honey and clean linen. Her whole family smells of clean linen but there's always a hint of something else. For example, Eli's other scent is honey, Kate's is lavender, Christina's is coffee and Apollo's is apples. Evan must love that, she loves the smell of apples.

"Did you just smell me?" Eli giggled.

"Yup. You smell gorgeous. Like a bee hive next to a washing line full of clean clothes." I say.

"That was specific."

"Maybe I could give you a nickname. What's honeybee in Welsh?"

"Gwenyn." she answered.

"I love that. I'm going to call you Gwenyn now."

"Don't replace it with my name. Just use it like you use babe or baby." Eli said.

"Of course. How come?"

"I like my name. It makes me feel closer to my Mamgu and she hasn't got much time left." Eli said sadly.

"Would you rather me call you Eliza then?"

"Eli, Eliza, I don't mind. Just have a nice balance with pet names and real names, you know?"

"Okay. I can do that." I grin.

"Thank you. But I need a nick name for you now!" she leaned in and sniffed me. "Mm. You smell like coconut." she said and then she licked my neck.

"Eli!" I gasp.

"I could call you Nutter. Because you are bonkers." she pulled away.

"That's mean!" I whine and pout.

"Okay, how about Coco?"

"People may think that's racist." I state.

"Why?"

"Because I am a woman of colour."

"Oh. Um, maybe not then. Well, coconut in French is Noix de coco. Maybe I could call you Noix?" she tried.

"Just stick to babe." I tell her.

"Okay." she agreed.