XXIII

Chanse

I was just chilling my bed when the sudden feeling of longing surged through by body. That longing was for Eli. I haven't been to hers in a few days because she's been going out with her family a lot. I can't take it anymore. I need her attention.

I got out of bed and got dressed. I am so determined to get to her.

After slipping my shoes on and rush out the door, Mom and Dad are out so I'll text them when I get there or something.

I do ninety on the highway until I reach the neighbourhood, I slow down because there are kids playing on the streets.

Once I pull into her driveway, I notice that both of her parents cars are gone. I groan but decide to try the front door. I couldn't see Eli's car but maybe it was in the garage, which was closed.

I push the handle down and it opened. I feel bad for letting myself in when I don't know if anybody is home. I feel like an intruder.

I make my way to Eli's room and open the door. She had her head phones on and she was on her computer. She seemed to be drawing something.

As I got closer, I realised that it was of Joey. But they style was awfully similar to the actual animation. I figured it was just fan art. She likes the series too.

But I have never seen that moment in any of the episodes. It seems that Joey was kissing a girl. She had dark hair, tan skin. I think she might have been Asian? I'm not sure since the face was pressed against Joey's.

Eli sighs and saves her progress, before taking her headphones off and turning around.

"Jesus Christ! You scared the shit out of me." she exclaimed, holding her hand up to her chest.

"Sorry," I smile slightly, "What're you drawing?"

"It's nothing." she shrugs as she closes the window.

"What do you mean?"

"Just leave it, okay?" she sighs as she got up to go to the kitchen.

"Why are you being defensive, Eli?" I ask as I follow her.

"Because I am."

"If it's fan art, then you can just tell me. I won't scold you for that. I draw fan art myself." I explain as she starts putting together a sandwich.

"It's not fan art."

"Then what is it?"

"Not fan art."

She stares at me, as if waiting for me to figure it out. Which I don't.

"Fine, I'll leave it."

Eli nods and starts making another sandwich. She gets two bags of chips, some fruit and chocolate and sits at the breakfast bar.

"Sit." she pats the stool next to her.

I do so and eat the lunch she's prepared for me.

"I'm sorry." she said.

"It's okay."

"That's not how I wanted to greet you. Can I try again?" she asked, turning to me.

"Sure." I smile at her.

"Hi, baby. I missed you so much." she gushed as she brought me into her arms, holding me tight and it makes me chuckle.

"I missed you, too. I really needed you so I had to come."

"Awe, you are just so adorable."

"So are you. Too cute."

She pulled back and just looked at me, "Your eyes are so... Addictive."

"Addictive? That's the first." I chuckle and blush a little.

"I just love them. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul and I can see your soul. It's beautiful."

"Baby, you're making me blush."

"I know. I love you."

"I love you, too."

I give her a kiss. Her lips are so... Tasty. When we pull away, I can't help but lick my lips because of her taste.

"I have something tell you." Eliza starts.

"I'm all ears." I nod.

"I got lost on the way home from yours," she starts and it makes me laugh, she shakes her head with a smile and continues, "And I saw this house surrounded by these fields. It was absolutely gorgeous. I went to go look at it the other day and I bought it. Well, Mama and Mom bought it because they refused to let me pay. But, I'm telling you this because after high school, I wanna live there with you."

The news is shocking to me, of course. I'm a senior in high school and I'm not even thinking about college at the moment. Let alone who I'm gonna live with.

But I am so happy that she feels as secure in this relationship as I do. We are in a good place and if that continues, then we'll definatley be able to live together.

"Okay." I nod, "I'd love to live with you."

"Thank you!" she squealed and gave me a tight hug.

As I hug her back, I take in her scent. She smells so good. It's addictive.