Chanse

A few days later, I walked into Eliza's house. I'm a regular guest at this point and was told that I could go straight in, without knocking. I won't lie, it took some getting used to but I do it all the time now.

No one was there to greet me so I was able to go straight to Eli's room. The door is slightly ajar, so I knock as I push the door open.

Eliza was on her bed, reading her book, she hadn't even looked up at me. Normally, she practically throws the book to greet me, but not now. She hasn't done it in a few days.

"Hey, Eli. You okay? You've been distant." I tell her.

"There's a reason for that." she grumbles.

"Can I ask what that reason is?"

"We're getting too close. People think we're dating now!" she shut her book and put it on her bed side table.

"So? If we want to be close then we want to be close. And if people ask if we're dating, then we politely tell them that we're not." I reason.

"But... It's so confusing." she huffed.

"What is?"

"My feelings. They're all over the place."

"I get that. But I am certain about one thing." I say as I sit on the bed with her.

"What's that?"

"That our way of showing affection as friends, shouldn't be anyone else's business."

"Yeah, I guess."

"You wanna cuddle?" I suggest.

I watch as a cheeky grin pulled across her face. She nodded and held her hands out to me. I climb over her and rest myself next to her. My head on her shoulder, my arm around her stomach. She wraps one arm under my head and the other one seals the cuddle as she brings it around me and her hand rests on my back. Our legs in a tangled mess as we enjoy each other's company.

"I love cuddles." she sighed.

"You're the only person I'd ever cuddle with." I admit, "If it were anyone else, it'd be weird."

"I think that too, except with my parents."

"I'd cuddle with your parents too." I joke. This got her to laugh and my heart fluttered, of course.

"I love your laugh." I say.

"Really? I always though it was weird."

"No! Not in any way. It's perfect. Just like you." I look her in the eye and she does too.

"You're a really great friend, Chanse. You know that?"

"No. Tell me again."

She laughed again and held onto me tighter.

"It's weird having Gemma and Pheonix sit with us."

"Did you not like it?"

"I don't know. Gemma is just..."

"I know you're not too fond of her. I can tell them to stop if you want."

"No, it's fine. I need to get used to it, is all."

"Okay. As long as your comfortable." I nod. She nods too and brings her hand up to lighlty touch my nose.

"Boop." she said in a cute voice. What am I saying? Her voice is always cute.

"Did you just boop me?" I muse.

"Yes. You have a boopable nose. Boop." she said, booping me again.