Fitz's POV

Nerves filled my stomach, it was going to be an interesting night. I was just hoping and praying that it went my way and ended well.

When we arrived at Havenfield, Mum and Dad as well as Biana were already there. Biana and Sophie immediately ran at each other for a hug, which was adorable, while I went over to my parents to give them a hug and say hello to Grady and Edaline.

After catching up for a while and everyone bugging Sophie and I to tell them all our baby name ideas (which we didn't give them), we sat down for dinner.

I could feel my stomach getting more and more uneasy, I almost thought I was going to be sick. I honestly have no idea how Sophie did that every morning for so long. She is incredible.

I spent much of the dinner simply listening to the conversations, admiring the way Sophie moved and talked. The way her face lit up when she got excited and the most beautiful sound came from her mouth when she laughed.

After dinner all of the plates were cleared. I had to do it now, this was it. It was now or never.

I pushed out my chair and stood facing Sophie. Everyone fell silent and all eyes were on me. Sophie looked at me confused.

"Fitz?"

I cleared my throat and began to speak.

Sophie's POV

Fitz stood from his chair once all of the plates had been cleared from the table. Everyone suddenly stopped talking and the room was silent, you could have heard the sound of a ladybug's wings beating as it flew.

I didn't know what was going on, I was so confused. 

"Fitz?"

He cleared his throat and that's when the words started to pour from his mouth.

"Sophie Ruewen, when I first saw you in that museum the day I met you, I didn't think you were the girl my father had sent me to find, I didn't think you were the one. Yet you were, and god, you are so much more. I love you, I always have and I always will. Growing with you over the years, watching you become the incredible, strong, kind woman that you are has been an honour. When we first started dating properly, it was all butterflies in excitement. Now, I feel safe, calm, loved and protected with you. And that is why I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to grow our family with you, grow old together, wake up beside you every day, I want to make you happy and loved for the rest of my life. We have been through so much together and I never thought someone would hold my heart the way you do. So Sophie my love, will you marry me?"

He knelt down on one knee and pulled out a small velvet box, popping open the lid to reveal a ring. 

The ring had a teal diamond in the middle, white diamonds set around the outside of it. The band was gold and simple, the perfect ring. It caught the sunlight beautifully and sparkled and shone, almost like glitter in sunlight. It was the most beautiful ring I had ever seen.

My hands instantly flew to my mouth and tears filled my eyes. I could feel my heart beating like crazy, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole room could hear it. Suddenly, it felt like my voice couldn't work.

But I managed to whisper out "Yes.... oh my goodness yes a hundred times over yes". And with that Fitz took the ring and gently picked up my hand, slipping the ring onto my finger.

Sophie's ring