Sophie POV:

What was going to happen now? Keefe had been in my room and left me yet another death threat. I wasn't safe. And apparently Fitz wasn't either. It was all written on the a4 page in my hands.

(Note from Keefe)
I thought that we would have a forever together. But you stabbed me in the back and left me for your 'Precious Wonderboy'. Then you make matters worse and accuse me of stealing your DNA. Yeah so what? So what I did that. You just can't handle the truth. You're not supposed to be alive. You're the freakin science lab monster and all you've done is ruin my life.
So for that you'll have to pay. By ruining my life, I will make yours fucking hell.
You think life's all nice and sweet with Fitzy huh? Well I've hurt you before and I'm not afraid to do it again.

I have someone on the inside and I will use them to take you and Fitz down. I  already have ways to destroy not only you but everyone you love too. 
Nothing you do can make me change my mind so don't bother fighting me because nothing will stop me from killing you and wonderboy.

- Keefe

As soon as my eyes skimmed the page, I called the Vackers. Pretty quickly we had everyone form the meeting seating in our living room. Deja vu clouded my mind and I could barely focus on what was being said. But I had to fight the fog that threatened to fill my head and cloud my judgement.

"Well now would be a good time to take more serious measures. It's clear that neither Fitz or Sophie are safe. Especially considering Keefe was able to break into Sophie's bedroom"
Granite stood at the front of the group again. The 12 councillors either side of him along with the rest of the collective.

I took my parents hands. Where was all of this going?

Bronte took a step forward. "We have decided that it is best to make sure that Sophie and Fitz are in the best form of protection. The Black Swan collective and my fellow councillors have decided for the two of them to be under this form of protection they should be moved"

The two families looked at each other. Della grabbed Fitz's shoulder tighter and Biana wrapped her arms around him. Alden was blank. He stood there in shock. I transmitted to him.

(Sophie is italics and Alden is Bold)

Alden? Are you ok?

Nothing to worry about Sophie. I'm sure it'll be... fine.

I know this isn't fine. But you're going to have to say something. You can do this. Be strong.

Yes. You're right. Thank you Sophie

Alden quickly snapped out of his daze and addressed the front of the group.
"If that is what you think is best then yes. You can take Fitz someplace safe. But won't other people find it odd. Especially considering both Sophie and Fitz have weekly sessions at Foxfire when they tutor telepathy lessons together? Won't it be weird when both of them go missing. Especially considering the timing. Although is it safe to assume that most of the Elvin world are unaware of the current 'Keefe situation'?"

"Yes Mr. Vacker. That is why the collective and I have come up with a plan for how this will all work. I myself will transform into Granite to collect them tonight. Then I will leap them to one of our hideouts where Tinker and Dex have been working on some projects to help wit tracking devices and registry pendants. Once they are all cleared Blur will take them to a very top secret hideout that is currently being built by our most trusted members of the Black Swan. The hideout will have the highest security and no-one but Blur and myself will know where it is and how to get there. Sophie and Fitz will have no contact with anyone other than Blur and myself and 1 of the gnomes who will help them settle in etc. As for a cover up story and tutoring lessons, we were hoping for you to cover some of the lessons along with the help of Councillor Ermey. If anyone asks where they are they are on an assignment for the council and are performing Cognate exercises to touch up. I think that should cover it all. Now I'm sure all of you have many questions but we don't have much time. So Sophie and Fitz? Could you please pack your things. Make sure you bring enough for at least 3 weeks. And now we will answer any questions you have"

Fitz POV:

I couldn't believe all of this. It was crazy. Suddenly Sophie was ok but as soon as she was, we get another death threat. I was nervous. 3 weeks at least hiding from Keefe. My former best friend who wants to kill us.
Plus side? 3 WHOLE WEEKS with Sophie.
Sophie, Biana and I ran upstairs to Sophie's bedroom. We all decided that we should talk about this first. Biana wasn't even coming with us which should be a good thing because it means that she isn't in any serious danger but I couldn't help but feel scared for her. Should would have to deal with a reckless Mum and Dad, PLUS Edaline and Grady. I was certainly going to miss her.

I was the first to speak once we had all settled down onto the massive bed in Sophie's room.

"So... I guess this is really happening"

"Yeah. We're really leaving"

"Awwww guys I'm gonna miss you so much. I'll be all alone"

"Hey Bi, you'll have Tam. Use him as your life support. Boyfriends are really good for that"

I knew from personal experience. Maybe I should warn Tam about what he was in for?

"Hey Biana it's not that long? Like 3 weeks. You've had longer when we went away on camps."

"Yeah. I'm just gonna be worried the whole time. I won't even be able to speak to you guys."

We all sat in silence for a moment. Finally realizing how real this all got.
That was when we decided to start packing. If this was really going to happen then we needed to pack like it was real.
Sophie put me in charge of bedding, books and other little things while her and Biana sorted out clothes. I walked around Soph's bedroom looking for things we might need. I decided to make a list of all the things to pack and then check it over with Soph. Here's what I had.

- Ella
-pillows x4
- duvet 
- books x6
- cognate training booklet
- iPod thing Dex made
- spyball
- torch
- pens and paper
- Sophie family photo

It wasn't a massive list but it seemed to cover most things we would need. I talked to Granite and he said that we would be supplied with all food water and beds etc. but I just wanted to cover a few extra things.
I looked around the bedroom until I found everything on the list. I grabbed out a bag and piled everything into it. Luckily it was an expanding bag. Designed to expand to your every needs.

Just as I had finished packing everything on the list, Sophie and Biana exited the walk-in wardrobe. Both girls had armsulls of clothes, shoes, makeup and other toiletries. I quickly ran over to help them carry it all. After about 15 minutes we had managed to pack everything Sophie could ever need for the 3 weeks.
Next it was my turn. I told the parents where we were heading and light leapt over to Everglen where we repeated the same process. 
Pretty quickly, night fell and it was time to say our goodbyes to the parents. There were many hugs shared and waterfalls of tears. Before Granite sowed up, ready to take us to safety.

I reached for Sophie's hand and she took mine.

"You ready Soph?"

"No, but I have to be"

She let out a small whimper and I pulled her in for a hug. I gave Granite a nod and we were whisked away into the light.