Sophie POV:

Elwin handed me the letter. It was sealed with a golden wax stamp that made it look incredibly fancy. I carefully opened the letter and took a deep breath. It read the following.

Dear Ms Sophie Foster,

You have been asked for attendance at Keefe Sencen's Tribunal in regards to the kidnapping and attempted murder of Sophie Foster on Sunday 26th June.

Please arrive at the Tribunal at 11:00am. Bodyguards will be provided and family is welcome.

Kind Regards,

The Twelve

The tribunal. It would be held soon. Today was the 23rd. That gave me 3 days. Just enough time to prepare myself I guess. Fitz and Elwin had expectant looks on their face. They wanted to see how I was going to react.

"Soph?"

Fitz walked over and smuggled me in a hug. I felt shaky. How was this going to work? Would I have to speak? My knees started to feel like jelly. I wasn't ready for this. I needed more time. It wasn't just enough time to prepare. It wasn't. What would I do?

I leaned against Fitz. Taking in his scent of vanilla and cinnamon. I started to relax a bit more.

"Sophie, I understand you may not be ready for this yet but when I was delivered the letter I was specifically told it must be the 26th. We can't wait any longer"

"Elwin's right Soph. Plus, it means you won't have to worry about it for too much longer"

Fitz and Elwin were right. I could do this. Even if I didn't feel ready.

"Fitz will you be there?"

"It says family Soph. I'm not sure I'll be able to go in, but I can transmit to you from outside?"

"No. You are my family. You're coming with me"

"Ok. As long as I get to be there for you, I'm happy"