Sophie POV:

Elwin looked so smug standing in the doorway. It was always seemed like he was one of the Sophitz shippers so I guess it made sense that he had an 'I told you so' expression on his face.

"Well you two. I always knew this would happen but did it have to be here? I mean, as lovely as it to watch you make out with each other in the healing centre, I think you could save that for... later?"

I quickly unwrapped myself from Fitz and he got up off the bed.

"Now, I almost forgot what I came here for! Sophie it's time for your medicine"

I let out a groan of frustration. One of the worst parts of almost dying.

"Don't look so excited Sophie! I'm sure Fitz wouldn't mind helping"

"Yeah. Also Elwin, can we not say anything about... you know... all this?"

"Very well Fitz, but I think Grady and Edaline will catch on easily. Biana and the others too"

"Yeah, I know"

"Ok, Sophie here is your medicine. I suggest you take it quickly. And you will start to feel sleepy soon after so I suggest you and Fitz share what you need to now..."

Fitz  took the tray from Elwin before he left the room. Fitz placed it softly on my lap. I buried my head under the covers. I don't think I could ever take more of that horrifying tasting medicine. It brought back too many memories. Scary ones. I didn't want to go back to that. Suddenly I felt like I was 15 again. But I knew I couldn't stay here, as stubborn as I was. I was 23 now and I had to act like it... Just maybe not today?

"Soph? I know you don't want to do this and I know how you feel. Being in the healing centre has brought back plenty of scary memories for me too. Not just about when the Shadowflux struck, but other times. When you faded or when you threw up on me? I was scared too and I don't want to go back to that. And we don't have to, but if you don't take this medicine then you'll be here longer than you want to be. So perhaps you could take the medicine? Maybe I'll even put in a little... reward if you do?"

I thought nothing would ever make me want to take Elwin's medicine but with the promise of a reward from Fitz?  That I would do pretty much anything for. 

From under the covers I could feel Fitz sit down on the cot.

"Please?"

I slowly removed the covers from over my head and sat up in the cot. 

"Did you have to bring up the vomit incident?"

"Yeah, cause you almost died then and I was truly scared"

Ok, that was good enough. I met his eyes and my heart fluttered crazier than it ever had.

Fitz was sitting next to me, covered in the soft, golden glow of the sun set. Making his skin glow a deep, rich gold. He looked so perfect sitting there. His dark hair fell in front of his face. The scent of vanilla and cinnamon filled my nose as he leaned closer, Fitz's scent. He leant his head even closer.

I thought he was going to kiss me again. The kisses that I craved. But he just rested his forehead against mine. His hands were tracing circles along the back of my neck. Circles that sent shivers of delight down my spine. I wanted him so much. I just wanted him to hold me, tell me how much I meant to him. But what he did was close enough though. He nipped at my earlobe and growled in my ear. A deep growl filled with lust.

"Be a good girl Sophie"

Just like when I was attacked by Shadowflux, I was downing a whole tray of medicines. Even though this time I could use both my hands, Fitz still insisted on helping me take all of them.

Many of them were chunky and smelt bad. Tasting just as awful as they looked but a few weren't as bad. Fitz had a lot of fun watching me gag over the horrible taste of all the medicine but he did grab me some water to help clean my palette.

Pretty soon I was starting to feel groggy so Fitz left me to sleep as Elwin had advised. Although he had an amazing way of saying goodnight. Our lips met one last time before I drifted away into a calm and heavy sleep.