Chapter 87

-2 weeks after Y/N left UA-

We see Y/N in the vestige world, as he takes a deep breath, as Nana's vestige walks up to him.

Nana: You ready?

Y/N nods, as Banjo comes in front of him.

Banjo: You know the drill. Use One for All at the highest percentage that you can manage and try to pin me down.

Y/N: Yes sir.

Banjo sends Blackwhip towards Y/N as the boy activates his quirk.

Y/N: One for All... 45%...!

He starts to run to the side, with Banjo's Blackwhip closely following him, as he jumps, making the whips rush past him, but the whips turn around and suddenly go to strike Y/N, who grabs them and tries to swing Banjo, but fails, as Banjo retracts the whips, pulling Y/N to him as well, as he tries to take the boy down with a tackle, but Y/N uses Firebending to jump up.

He then lands back down, as he charges once again. This time, Banjo decides to go close as well, as they both rush at each other with Banjo using 100% of One for All, while Y/N using 45%.

Theoretically, since Banjo was the fifth user, his 100% was about 50% of what Y/N could use.

Think of it this way. Y/N is the ninth holder of One for All. He can cultivate it even further than All Might did, due to the quirk's power stockpiling ability.

All Might was the person to hold onto the quirk for the longest, compared to the previous users.

We can assume that till Nana Shimura, each user was about... 10% stronger than the previous one at an average, with All Might being, say, 25% stronger than Nana.

Thus, calculating properly, what is All Might's 100%, would be 93% of what Izuku and Y/N would be in their prime.

Therefore, in order for Y/N to be able to control One for All as much as he could, he would battle against a previous user, while the others would watch over his body in the real world.

---

A week or so passed, as we see Iroh, drinking tea in his hospital ward while looking outside, the deep blue sky presenting itself in front of him.

Suddenly, a door opens up, as someone walks in.

Iroh: Any updates?

Toshinori sits down on a chair and shakes his head.

Toshinori: I even asked Young Midoriya for any clues that Young L/N left about his whereabouts, but to no avail. Since All for One cannot obtain One for All until and unless he takes it from both the users, Young L/N and Young Midoriya decided upon going separate ways, with neither telling the other anything about their location, in order to keep it confidential and safe in case one encounters All for One, or Shigaraki and loses, in worst case scenario, dies. That's all I know of.

Iroh stays silent as he sighs.

Iroh: The poor boy... If only I was able to actually end All for One that day, maybe... Maybe things wouldn't have turned out like this.

Toshinori shakes his head.

Toshinori: Don't say that, Sensei. You did nothing wrong, All for One just... Got the better of you... Of both of us...

Iroh and Toshinori stay silent for a while, as Iroh suddenly chuckles.

Toshinori: What is it, Master?

Iroh: Look at the two of us. Wallowing in guilt for something that wasn't even in our hands. If Nana was here, she would've...

Toshinori: Smacked some sense into both of us.

Iroh chuckles again.

Iroh: Yeah... Ahem. "Iroh. You mustn't think this way, or god forbid me I will smack the everloving crap out of you!"

Toshinori chuckles whole heartedly, along with Iroh.

Toshinori: Yeah. That's definitely her... Sensei...?

Iroh: Hmm?

Toshinori: Nothing much, I'm just... I'm worried for Young Midoriya and Young L/N's safety. They've both gone ahead with their planning to the point where they consider the other's death by All for One as a potential outcome... I can still watch over Young Midoriya, but...

He sighs, as he looks to the side and sees a teapot.

Toshinori: Do you want me to-?

Iroh: Hmm? Oh, no, it's okay, I'll get it myself.

He goes to move, but his hand couldn't reach the teapot, as Toshinori helps the man back down on the bed and pours the tea in two cups.

He then hands one of the cups to Iroh and goes to drink from the other himself.

Iroh: *sigh* Nothing like self-brewed tea.

The two continue drinking the tea, as a while later, Iroh puts his tea down and takes a deep breath...

But as he was exhaling, he coughs a bit, and soon, it turns into a coughing fit, making it hard for Iroh to even breathe.

Toshinori: Sensei!

He quickly grabs a glass and pours water in it, as he helps Iroh drink it as the old man coughs violently.

Iroh moves his hand from his mouth, as he sees something on his fist.

Blood.

He pants as he quickly wipes it off before Toshinori could see it.

Toshinori: I'll bring the doctors in.

Iroh says nothing, as Toshinori leaves the room, minutes later, he comes in with the doctors.

After the checkup, it is revealed that it wasn't anything major, it was just Iroh's old age.

Although, if the man had coughed up blood, that could be bad, since it could mean a rupture in his lung, either small, or large...

Iroh: I see...

He looks up at a tree outside, seeing a bird feeding her children.

Iroh: ...

A/N: Chapter 87 done! I wanted to put the focus on Iroh and Toshinori's relation for a chapter, so... here we are.

On with the usual,

Hope you guys liked it,

Till the next time,

Sayonara.