Chapter 23

The school was closed post the school festival, but things were not clearer by even a bit for Y/N. 

He still couldn't firebend.

Besides, Iroh’s words kept the boy confused.

Very soon, the two days ended and school started again as Aizawa had just entered the classroom, his bandages all gone.

Tsu: Mr. Aizawa, your bandages are gone. I'm glad. 

Aizawa: The old lady went overboard with her treatment. More importantly, we're having a special hero informatics class today. 

Broccoli: Special...?

Aizawa: Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names. 

The class bursts in joy, but is instantly silenced by Aizawa glaring at them.

Aizawa: This is related to the pro-hero drafts I mentioned the day earlier. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after the students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, in order for them to extend such offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation.

Invisible girl: So, we have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?

Aizawa: That's right. And here are all the offers.

He clicks a button as a hologram appears out of nowhere with the names of the students and the offers they got.

Todoroki: 4123

Bakugo: 3556

Iida: 360

Blah blah blah. 

L/N: 140

Blah blah blah

Aizawa: In other years, this was more spread out, but this time, everyone's eyes were fixed on these 2.

Pikachu: Gah, there's such a big difference.

Ears: Todoroki's first, and Bakugo's second...?

Rock: It's the opposite of their placements at the festival.

Ponytail: That's great, Todoroki.

Shoto: It was probably because of my old man.

Midget: Midoriya... You didn't get any offers... They're scared of you because of the crazy way you fought…

Aizawa: Keeping these results in mind, whether or not anyone asked for you, you all will be participating in internships with pros.

Broccoli: Internships?

Aizawa: Yeah. At the USJ, you got real life villain experience, but working with a pro is a completely different thing.

Sex Lips: So that explains the hero names!

Aizawa: Correct. While these names are temporary, if you're not serious about it-

Midnight: *cutting Aizawa off* You'll be stuck with it forever.

Many of the boys stand up, blushing a bit, while Y/N seemed to be in deep thought.

Y/N: Stain…

Midnight: Because a lot of hero names used by students get recognized by the society, and they end up becoming professional hero names.

Aizawa: Well that's how it is. So Midnight will be making sure that your hero names are good enough. I can't do stuff like that.

In Aizawa’s case, the hero name was given to him by Mic.