Chapter 37

The second day of the training camp came, and Y/N and the others had to get up at 5:30 in the morning, which to him was not early, but most of his classmates looked sleepy, as we see Iroh and Aizawa standing in the field.

Aizawa: Good morning class! Today we'll begin training camp to increase your strength. The goal of this camp is to increase everyone's strength, along with which, help them gain their provisional license. It is to prepare you to face hostilities that are becoming more real by the minute. Proceed carefully. Since Y/N has been practicing with his grandfather, Katsuki...

Aizawa then tossed a ball to Bakugo, it was the one they used for the quirk apprehension test back at the start of the semester.

Aizawa: Throw it using your quirk. Your previous record was 705.2 meters, right? Let's check your improvement.

Bakugo then swings his right arm.

Bakugo: Well, you asked for it... GO TO HELL!!!

The ball flew away as a beep came up on Aizawa's device, which gained the attention of the students, including Bakugo.

Aizawa: Hmm... 709.6 metres.

Y/N was flabbergasted when he heard that Bakugo of all people hadn't had much of an improvement, per say. With his performance at sports festival, then at the exam, he expected to see at least 1000 metres.

Aizawa: *ahem* It's been about 3 months since your start at UA. Through various experiences, you have definitely improved. But those improvements have mainly been at the mental and technical levels, with some increase in stamina. As you can see, your quirks haven't exactly improved all that much. That's why, starting today...

Aizawa gave the students a horrifying grin and a thumbs-up.

Aizawa: We'll be working on improving your quirks. It's gonna put you to the brink that you would wish you were dead. But hey, try not to actually die.

Iroh: Y/N will be with me during this whole training, because I can help him with his power more than the other pros could.

Pikachu: And why is that?

Iroh sends a stream of flames up in the sky while smiling.

Pikachu: Got it.

---

We see Y/N sitting on the ground, as Iroh walked up in front of him, yelling and cries of the students from their training echoing in the forest.

Y/N: So, are we practicing Firebending again today, Grandpa?

Iroh: No. Not exactly. Today, we are going to go in depth about Firebending and learn what's called a sub-skill of Firebending.

Y/N: Okay, how do I do it?

Iroh: It's not that easy, my boy. For you see, there is energy all around us. The energies are both Yin and Yang. Positive energy and negative energy. Only a select few firebenders have shown the skills to separate these two energies. This creates an imbalance, the energy wants to restore balance. And in the moment of positive and negative energies compressing back together, you provide it release and guidance. And as a result, this happens.

He signals Y/N to step back, as the boy does so. 

He fluently moves his arms around, and a beautiful blue lightning appears, joining at both his fingertips.