Chapter 47

It was the next day after moving, as the students were sitting in the classroom as Aizawa explained what they were going to do that day.

Aizawa: I guess I mentioned yesterday that class A will now be focusing on getting their provisional licenses.

Everyone: Yes sir!

Aizawa: A hero license bears with it the great responsibility of human life. Which makes it pretty obvious that the exam one has to pass in order to receive them, is extremely difficult. Even the provisional license has a passing rate of just 50% each year. That's why today, we'll have each of you come up with at least two-

The teacher gets interrupted as the door is slammed open and Midnight, Cementoss and Ectoplasm were standing in the doorway.

Midnight: -ULTIMATE MOVES!

Rock/Pikachu: Ultimate Moves?

Pink Girl/Pikachu: It's like a real school thing, and yet...

Rock/Tape: It's a normal superhero thing!

Ectoplasm: "Ultimate"! This means that this move will get you a sure win!

Cementoss: A move, so ingrained into your body that the others can't copy it. Battle means seeing how much you can force what you're good at on your opponent.

Midnight: Your moves will represent you. These days pro heroes without ultimate moves are an endangered species.

Y/N stares at his hand for a good while, before looking at the teachers.

Aizawa: We will tell you more as we go along. We want to proceed logically. Gather up in Gym Gamma.

---

The students changed into their costumes as they all headed to the said location to see Aizawa and the other 3 teachers standing there.

Aizawa: Welcome... to Gym Gamma, also known as the "Training Dining Land", or TDL for short.

Cementoss: I came up with the idea for the facility, terrains and other things can be prepared specifically for each student. That's the dining part.

Rock: I see.

Sonic: Allow me to ask a question! Why must we have ultimate moves in the provisional licensing exams? Please tell me your reasoning!

Aizawa: I'll tell you everything in order. Calm down. The job of a hero is to save people from danger, like crimes, accidents, natural disasters, and man-made disasters. The exam to become one naturally at how well you are able to do that. Your ability to gather information, make decisions, move, and fight, in addition to your ability to communicate, draw people to you and lead. Each year, a different test is used to look how well you are able to do things.

Midnight: Of course, your ability to fight is especially important to your futures as heroes.If you are prepared, you won't have to worry. Whether or not you have an ultimate move will greatly affect whether or not you pass.

Cementoss: Not being influenced by circumstances and being able to act consistently will make you a great asset on the front lines.

Ectoplasm: Your ultimate moves do not necessarily need to be of the attacking type. For example, Iida's Recipro Burst. The temporary burst of speed is enough of a threat to be worth calling an ultimate move.

Sonic was... on the ninth cloud.

Sonic: So it's good enough to be called an ultimate move?

Rock: So we need to find something that allows us to feel like "As long as I do this, I have the advantage. I can win", huh?