Chapter 29

Y/N groans a bit as he opens his eyes to find himself in a hospital.

He looks around as he sees that he was in a hospital gown, and that Sonic was in the room as well.

Sonic: *noticing Y/N getting up* Ah, you're up. I'm glad. We were worried for a bit there.

Y/N: *looking around* I don’t remember being in a hospital. The last thing I remember-

He remembers Stain collapsing, and soon after, Y/N collapsing himself.

Y/N: Stain! Where is he?!

He starts his eyes left and right, as the door opens up.

The two look towards the door.

Y/N & Sonic: Mr. Aizawa?

Aizawa walks in and goes up to Y/N.

Y/N: Oh shi-

He gets smacked in the head.

Aizawa: I'm not done yet. But before that, someone is here.

He then points to the door, as a person with a dog head walks in.

Aizawa: Hosu City’s Chief of Police. Kenji Tsuragamae.

Sonic gets up, and so does Y/N, but the chief starts to speak.

Kenji: You two can remain seated, woof.

Y/N: *snort*

Aizawa smacks him again.

Y/N: Sorry.

Kenji looks at Y/N. 

Kenji: You must be the UA student who brought down Stain, I presume?

Y/N nods, rubbing his head in pain.

Kenji: Regarding the hero killer we arrested, he had incurred serious damage to his limbs, a few broken bones, third degree burns, multiple stab and slash wounds and is being given personal treatment right now, woof.

Y/N: I see. 

Kenji: Since you are a UA student, I'm sure you must know that when superpowers were becoming a norm, the police attached high importance to leadership and standards and made sure quirks weren't used as a weapon.

Y/N knew he had to keep listening since he couldn't reveal that technically, he didn't use his quirk.

Kenji: And then, the profession of “hero” emerged to fill the gap, woof. For an individual’s use of force and power that can easily kill others, actions that would normally be appropriate to denounce, to be accepted officially, is thanks to the early heroes who followed the ethics and professionalism, woof.

Y/N’s brows furrow, as he listens intently to what the chief was saying, but his glare not wavering for even a second.

Kenji: Even up against the hero killer, for an uncertified individual to cause injury with his quirk and other weapons in his custody, without specific instructions from the guardians of supervisors is a clear violation of rules.

Y/N: So what? Was I supposed to get my ass killed because of some rules? Am I gonna be punished for defending myself against a guy who's killed multiple heroes, because it “violates the law”? Speaking of, where the hell were you and your “just” police when Stain had killed the other pros and was about to do the same to some more people too?

Kenji: Are you saying that as long as it turns out okay, it's fine to break rules?

Y/N: Well-

Before he could say anything, he feels Aizawa put his hand on Y/N’s shoulder and tighten his grip a bit to stop him from talking.

Kenji: That's why you aren't a fully-fledged  hero yet. Goodness, what are you being taught at UA?

Aizawa knew he couldn't defend UA at this moment. What happened, was in a way or another, his own fault.

Kenji: If I may continue, that was the official announcement from the police. and the punishments would only be made public if it was made public, woof. If this was made public, then you probably would be applauded by the public, but you would not be able to escape punishment. 

Y/N scoffs.

Kenji: On the other hand, though it is a bit underhanded, but if it's not made public, the burns could be declared doings of Endeavor and the cuts would be declared to have occurred from Stain’s mishandling of his weapons in his fight. Endeavor would be considered the hero who saved the day, and it would end there, woof.

Y/N keeps staring at his hand.

Y/N: If this is made public, what will be the punishment?

Kenji: You being expelled from UA, and restricted from joining any hero course school in Japan, firing Eraserhead from UA and stripping him off of his hero identity, and taking your weapons away from you, and in police custody.

These were the choices in front of Y/N. 

Either be acknowledged for taking Stain down, but being taken the opportunity to become a hero forever.

Or, let Endeavor take the fame, and continue being a hero.

Y/N: I choose the latter.

Aizawa: Hmm?

Aizawa was ready to have his hero title stripped off, because he himself was in Y/N’s corner in this argument. If Y/N hadn’t fought Stain, he would've been killed along with Native and three more of Aizawa's students.

Y/N: But… I can't accept it. 

Kenji: Hmm?

Y/N: I can't accept the fact that a fake like Endeavor takes the credit for something my flames and swords did. So if it's made public that Stain had been taken down by Endeavor, then I request you to take my swords away as well. They're tarnished with the smell of shame and Endeavor’s name. And I won’t accept them.

Kenji: I see. I respect your decision, and would do as you say. But still, as the chief of police, and as a citizen of Hosu City, I thank you for taking down a problem as big as Stain in this town.

Kenji bows in front of Y/N, as he gets up a bit later and leaves about a few minutes later.

Y/N looks at Aizawa.

Y/N: I'm sorry too…

Aizawa: It's alright. Think twice before making any rash decisions in the future.

Y/N: Yes sir.

And so, Y/N’s third day at his internship ended.

Soon enough, his one week internship ended with Aizawa as the classes resumed as usual.

A/N: Chapter 29 done!

Hope you guys liked it,

Till the next time,

Sayonara.