Chapter 79

After stopping a truck from hitting a woman on the road, Endeavor tells Bakugo, Shoto and Y/N to try and condense their attacks and powers before lashing out to get a boost in strength and speed.

They go to the top of a building to get a better look at the area while having a smal break to eat something.

Endeavor: Deku, you are able to increase your power instantaneously. Am I right?

Midoriya: Yes.

Endeavor: Can you do it subconsciously?

Midoriya: Yes. I can do it with Full Cowl. But I have to concentrate while using it with Air Force.

Endeavor: So first, you must learn how to use your Air Force subconsciously. Leave the secondary power aside for now.

Midoriya: But what about parallel thinking?

Endeavor: All and all, people can subconsciously manage several tasks at the same time.

He points at a car.

Endeavor: Look at the man who's driving his car. He wasn't born with the skills to drive, he controls the steering wheel, brake and throttle. He checks the car behind and in front of him. He learned the skill one step at a time. And eventually, he can do it subconsciously. First, try to do two tasks simultaneously. For the next stage, you must do three at the same time. Whatever formidable power you have, you need constant and steady effort to master the basics.

He activates his quirk.

Endeavor: There is always an exception. But unless you're a prodigy, you must go one step at a time. At least that's the way I know.

Endeavor: The same training gives you different results when you're in school and a real battle. Now you have the best learning environment. Make your body adjust to the skills you learned in school.

Endeavor: Don't worry and feel free to embrace any defeat. With the strength you four possess, whatever result you deliver won't get in the way of the mighty Endeavor's job!

---

The day ended, as it was now time for Y/N and Shoto to face each other.

This was a strategy for Shoto to watch and learn how he can incorporate movements into how he sends his flames, and for Y/N to be able to fight even if the opponent has the higher ground with their quirk.

Endeavor: Battle. Begin!

Shoto sends a barrage of flames at Y/N.

Y/N instantly replies with controlling Shoto's fire.

He accumulates the flames while adding his own flames to it, then sends the attack back to Shoto

Shoto quickly forms an ice pillar in front of him, as the flames hit the pillar and a cloud of smoke forms at the site.

The smoke clears away, as Shoto notices that Y/N was no longer in his previous place, as he turns around, only to act on his instincts and block a kick to his guts.

The impact left a sting in Shoto's arms, as he shakes them to get the feeling back in them, as he sends another ice attack at Y/N.

Y/N takes a deep breath and sends a flame attack from his mouth which melts through the ice and almost hits Shoto, if the bi-colored teen hadn't jumped away.

Shoto uses his ice to skate around Y/N, as Y/N starts sending flame attacks through punches and kicks at Shoto, barely missing him.

Y/N: Condense it...!

He uses Scorching Firefist, as he condenses his attack and flies towards Shoto, and manages to strike him.

He then grabs Shoto by his hand and takes him down from the height and tries pins him down on the ground, but the latter uses his fire to ease the landing.

Endeavor was watching this very intently.

Endeavor: Though Shoto is skilled with his ice, he still has multiple weak spots. One, being his flames, but the other being close quarters combat. Y/N on the other hand is not only skilled with his flames and has impeccable control over it, he also is skilled in close quarters combat and swordsmanship. This is a good opportunity for Shoto to learn how to use his quirk for close quarters.

Shoto keeps observing Y/N, as he notices something.

Shoto: I see...

He looks at his hands and takes a deep breath, as Y/N stops to see what the boy was doing as well.

A second or two later, Shoto covers his right fist in ice, and envelopes his left hand in flames.

Endeavor: I see...

Shoto: Using both sides simultaneously on my fists. Giving me the opportunity to send ice and fire at a target together, and making the air explode at contact.

The attacks collide inches before striking Y/N, as the explosion forces Y/N to fall back.

Y/N: Alright then.

He starts to run towards Shoto, as he uses Firebending to propel himself in the air, as Shoto follows him and starts flying while keeping himself in the air with pressure exerted from his flames.

Shoto: Use it from your feet...!

He sends a flame stream from his foot, as he balances himself and sends a flame attack at Y/N.

But Shoto had forgotten one MAJOR thing.

Y/N could not only create fire, but even manipulate it.

And Shoto needed a surface to conjure his ice.

Added to that, he wasn't that experienced in balancing himself mid-air with his flames yet, unlike how Y/N and Endeavor were.

Y/N uses the flames sent towards him to create his own attack and strikes Shoto.

The bi-haired boy SOMEHOW manages to  dodge, getting a mere burn on his arm, but that one second of him being distracted was all Y/N needed.

Before Shoto knew it, he felt his arm being pulled and him being slammed into the ground.

Y/N had locked Shoto in a headlock, much like the one he used on Mirio all the way back.

After a few seconds or so, Shoto taps out, as Y/N lets go of the boy.

He gets up, as he helps Shoto up as well.

Endeavor: Alright. Day 1. Y/N scores his victory after... 2 minutes and 38 seconds.

Shoto: Just two minutes?

Endeavor nods.

Endeavor: I do have some pointers for you, Shoto. You said it yourself. You trained with your ice for much longer than you did with your fire. Thus, currently, you're more dependant on ice, rather than your flames. There will be times when you aren't provided with a surface to use your ice, you need to think properly and rationally in such situations.

Shoto: Yes sir.

Endeavor: Y/N. Shoto. Tomorrow, I want you both to try and compress your attacks further in your fight. Understood?

Y/N & Shoto: Yes sir.

A/N: Chapter 79 done! Look at me, I got tests tmrw, and I'm here watching anime and publishing stories.

I can bet that I'm gonna perform HORRIBLY on the test, lol.

Anyways, hope you guys liked it,

Till the next time,

Sayonara.