Chapter 25

-2 days later-

Aizawa: Let's begin.

Y/N runs at Aizawa to attack him, but the pro was stil able to dodge every attack thrown towards him

Y/N tries to observe Aizawa's movements, as he lays out a pattern of Aizawa's movements.

He predicts where Aizawa would place his foot next, as he instantly swings the Kendo stick towards that spot.

But before Y/N could do that, he feels air being sucked out of his lungs, and he falls to the ground, holding his guts in pain. His ears were ringing, his body felt heavier than ever, and he had a strong pain in his chest.

This was the issue with the training. Y/N was unable to be in this "state" that Aizawa had told him about for too long before his lungs gave up from so much pressure and he lost control of his own body.

Aizawa: You're improving. That's good. But you still need to try to maintain your focus and make your body stronger to keep that enhanced state going.

Y/N: Yes... Yes sir...

Endeavor: A quirkless person trying to be a hero is a fool's errand. You can't be a hero unless you have a quirk. Quirkless heroes exist, but only in comics and the imagination of others.

---

The night soon came, as Y/N put on a hoodie and some track pants, and went to the roof of the house.

Aizawa: You ready?

Y/N sees that Aizawa was in his usual hero costume and was standing on top of the water tank, as he nods.

Aizawa jumps off and swings with his scarf as Y/N jumps off the roof and lands on a lower roof, he then starts to run while jumping over or sliding under any obstacles in the way, while Aizawa leaped over the whole thing.

Now, you may be wondering what the heck these two are doing. The answer to that question is that they were on their usual night patrol.

Since Aizawa was an underground hero, he didn't do his patrols in the morning like the other heroes would.

Added onto this, Y/N didn't wear his costume, since it attracted unwanted attention.

The two would do stuff ranging from catching a purse-snatcher, to stopping a robbery.

Well, it was more like Aizawa doing all that and Y/N providing him the required information before running in battle.

The two stop at a roof, as Y/N takes a breather and looks around.

Y/N: Beautiful city, huh?

Aizawa said nothing, as he looked at the scene.

Aizawa: Any luck with your bending coming back?

Y/N looked down. It was true. He still couldn't firebend, but...

A huge part of him didn't mind it. The flames...