Chapter 76

We see Y/N, standing in the middle of nowhere. Nothing a deep dark void surrounding him.

He looks around, as he sees a small light at a distance.

Curious, he starts to make his way to the light.

He keeps walking towards it, until he was just about to touch it, when he feels a hand on his shoulder.

He turns around, but nobody was there.

He then turns around to face the light, but it was gone too.

Suddenly, a voice echoes in the void, and a wave of peace and security flushes over him.

???: You must evolve, Y/N... Evolve... And only then, will you be able to reach your highest potential... Only then... Will you understand the reason for your existence... You must evolve... Y/N... You are strong... Don't forget that...

The voice fades away, as Y/N decides to look for the light once again, but then, it happens.

A presence so strong, so... Evil... That it made the back of Y/N's throat go dry and he falls on his knees, grasping at his neck.

AfO: Y/N...

All for One's voice starts to chuckle, as Y/N feels himself sinking in the ground. He tries to pull himself out, but to no avail.

He tries to use Firebending, but to no avail.

He tries to fight back...

But to no avail...

It was pointless...

But... Y/N didn't wish to give up.

No.

He CAN'T give up!

He tries to push through, when he sees the same man with the long white hair, standing at a distance.

The man extends a hand towards Y/N, and Y/N does so too, hoping the man would help him.

Their fingers touch, as a flash goes into Y/N's mind.

The man with the long white hair was in the arms of a man with spiky ginger hair and seemed to be in his last moments.

White haired man: Please... Go... Live... Don't let him... Succeed... Don't let... My brother... Win...

He grabs the gingerhead's hand with his bloodied one and he holds on to it tightly. Seconds later, his hand falls down and the man's eyes go blank and lifeless.

The gingerhead man puts his head down and mourns his "friend", as Y/N extends a hand towards the man.

The gingerhead looks at Y/N, but the moment their eyes meet, Y/N is pushed behind with a huge force as he wakes up with a jolt in his bed.

Panting and sweating, he scans his surroundings...

Nothing...

Just his dorm room...

Nobody... Except him...

Y/N: *panting* The fuck was that...?

Y/N L/N... Could not sleep again the whole night...

The next day came sooner than Y/N had anticipated, as he got out of bed and went to the common area to make himself a cup of coffee.

Once done with the coffee, he then went back to his room, grabbed his coat and went out in the cold morning.

He took a bus, as he sat on his seat.

Once he reached his destination, he got off and was looking around, when he felt a tug on his shirt.

He looked down to see a kid. A little girl merely 4-5 years old.

The girl smiles at seeing that Y/N acknowledged her presence, as she puts her hand in her pocket and takes something out.

A candy.

Kid: Here you go, mister! Merry Christmas!

Y/N: Christmas...?

He checks his phone and sees it.

25th December.

Hikari: I am Hikari! And you are?

Y/N says nothing, as he starts to walk away.

Hikari sees that the boy was leaving, as her excitement goes down, and she looks at the boy with a sad face.

Hikari: Aww... :(

Y/N takes a few steps, but stops and sighs.

He turns around and walks towards Hikari, seeing which, the little girl looks at Y/N with hope.

Y/N gets on his knees to reach Hikari's height, as he takes the candy.

Y/N: Thank you for that. My name is Y/N. Merry Christmas to you too, Hikari.

The girl lights up with joy as she quickly gives Y/N a hug.

Hikari: You are now my friend! ^_^ Hikari's first friend! Y/N-niichan!

Y/N feels a small smile creep its way on his face, as he pats the girl on the head, which the girl didn't seem to mind at all.

Y/N: Now go back to your parents, yeah? They must be worried.

Hikari: Yes!

She runs to her parents, as Y/N gets up and eats the candy and starts to walk.

A while later, he reaches his destination.

A quiet lake with just the sound of a few animals echoing in the area.

He sits down on the ground, and takes a deep breath.

He then jumps into water and goes to the very bottom of the lake.

He then sits down and starts to hold his breath inside.

Firebending was all based upon breathing. Though the "state" that Y/N learnt from Aizawa helped, this technique was more effective.

Try to hold your breath for as long as you can underwater, once you're running low, use Firebending from his mouth in such a way that it makes a small air pocket in front of you, exhale, and then breathe the air pocket in.

This not only developed his ability to control his breath, which further enhanced his firebending skills, it also helped Y/N adapt to environments he couldn't be as fluent and smooth in his movements as he could on the surface and in the air.

He would do this training for an hour, then a break of 30 minutes, in which, he would do squats and air punches non stop. After that, another hour of breathing training, and then squats and punches again.

Once he felt his body couldn't perform any longer, he decided to head back home.

He dried his clothes with Firebending as he put the dried and warm clothes back on as the sun started to set in the sky.

He took the bus and headed back to UA as he opened the door to see everyone celebrating as Ashido looks at him.

Without saying a word, she turns back around and walks away, her happy mood completely changed.

Kaminari: Hey! L/N! You gotta celebrate with us! Come on!

Kirishima: Yeah! We've got chicken, all sorts of tea, drinks and much more.

Y/N: I'm sorry, but I'm tired after training the whole time, so I'll go to sleep and take some rest for now.

Kirishima: Wait... You trained for THE WHOLE DAY?!

Y/N nods, as he walks into his room and shuts the door, as he falls into slumber.

A/N: Chapter 76 done! Hope you guys liked it,

Till the next time,

Sayonara.