Chapter 20

Recovery Girl: Hmm... All might. Can you come to the infirmary?

All Might: Unfortunately, I can't, Recovery Girl. I need to talk to Nezu regarding some things. I'll surely be there once the festival ends.

Recovery Girl: *sigh* Fine. But don't forget to come here later. It's important that you know of this.

All Might: Can you tell me about it now, then?

Recovery Girl: It's better if you are present in person when I'm telling you this.

All might: Understood. I'll definitely be there!

The call ends, as Y/N slowly opens his eyes.

Y/N: *straining*

Recovery Girl: You should rest a bit more, sonny.

Y/N's eyes were devoured of any dreams and ambitions that once resided in them.

They were merely filled with darkness now...

He looks around, as he sees his phone.

38 missed calls.

Mom.

Recovery girl: You should probably talk to her. She must be worried sick.

Y/N nods, as he gets up, and takes his phone.

Y/N: Thank you.

He leaves the infirmary, leaving Recovery Girl in there alone.

---

We see Y/N in a room, as the door slams open, and Y/N sees that it was Tsu.

Before he could say anything, Tsu wraps him in a tight hug.

Tsu: I'm glad you're okay, kero. What even happened out there?

Y/N stays still, as he slowly buries his face in Tsu's arms.

Y/N: Tsu... What do you think of Endeavor...?

Tsu: Kero?

Y/N: Tell me. And be honest. Please.

Tsu: Well, he's strong... But his attitude is a bit off putting, so, I honestly don't like him all that much, but I don't dislike him either.

Y/N: I see... Tsu... Tell me... Can someone quirkless be a hero?

Tsu: Y/N... What are you asking this for?

Y/N: Just answer me. Please...

Tsu: ... Someone quirkless can be a hero, yes. But I'm not sure if they could go pro, kero. Villains have quirks that could take lives in an instant, like how Shigaraki's quirk was. So in order to defend themselves in such a situation, one needs a trump card themselves, that is, a quirk, or their rate of survival would drop to zero or near to it. A hero is someone who helps people without any selfish intents, after all, kero.

Y/N: I see...

Tsu: Y/N. What's wrong? Tell me. We're friends, aren't we? I want to help my friends when they need it.

Y/N opens his mouth to speak, but realises that telling Tsu would technically be a disrespect to Shoto's personal issues.

Y/N: No... I'm fine... I-

His phone rings again.

Tsu: You should take it. It's Mrs. L/N. She was really worried for you, kero.

Tsu gets down on her knees and looks at Y/N, whose head was hanging low.

Tsu: When you want. Let's talk, okay? I'm here for you, Y/N. Don't think you're alone Y/N. Got it?

Y/N nods, as Tsu decides to give the mother and son some privacy, as she leaves the room.