I watched the young girl whom was much wiser than she gave off, trouble herself as she shuffled from foot to foot. "I shouldn't have switched on the light, I just assumed he would have his face covered like he always does."

I frowned deeper at her, her sudden flow of guilt baffling me all the more as I tried not to push for an answer that would clear up the facts, instead of her just confusing me all the more. "Elias and I-" she paused, biting her pink lip as though debating silently whether or not she truly wanted to tell me. "-we have a different mother to Elijah, she isn't-" she cut off again, infuriating me all the more as I began to pick at my nails impatiently. "She's a different type of vampire."

She said it as though that made any sense to me in the slightest, I was in the dark here and she wasn't helping to simplify. She indulged my clueless expression and let out a breath of exasperation, taking a seat next to me on the plush bed. "There are two breeds. A vampire and a pure blood. A pure blood is so, so extinct and unheard of that when one suddenly appears, it's gone. Simply because the council can't afford to have a wild vampire on the loose and to put it simply, a pure blood has no conscience, they kill without hesitation and they leave a trail of corpses behind their foolish antics."

"A pure blood is rare simply because as generations goes on, our genes adapt and many vampires are a lot weaker than the average, the gene slowly dies out. So, to inherit a pure blood gene, the child has to be a very, very special baby. But obviously our mother was pure blood, or perhaps had part pure blood in her therefore when she birthed Elias, his body was made to become such a vampire, so his body inherited the gene."

"Me however," she began, her eyes darting around. "My body wasn't made to be a pure blood, fate had other intentions, therefore I didn't inherit it from her."

I breathed slowly, trying my best to show intelligence and maintain my cool as I processed the information, gradually gaining intel. "So Elias, he has no conscience?"

"To an extent-" she quickly halted me, as though worried I would get her into trouble. "Certain things has him clinging to his humanity faster than he can even realise. However, sometimes there is no getting through to him and if pushed enough, he can kill without fluttering an eyelid."

I couldn't deny that I was a little mortified, it somehow explained all the ruthless actions Elias was giving into and I wasn't surprised that he had roots of which triggered his behaviour. After all, I assumed he was somewhat bipolar.

"Now that you've seen his face- the way he freaked, how badly it meant to him tells me he's not in a good mood. You need to make peace, Darcy, before he spirals. He won't hurt you now I'm sure of it."

The plea in her expression had me almost sobbing with annoyance, why couldn't I be more stern, a simple no isn't too hard to reply with. Making him feel better isn't worth risking my life is it? That's obviously what Esree thinks. One external minute had me weighing up the endless cons and with a sigh of defeat, I gave her a small nod and reassuring smile. "If you think I can calm his rage and any future outburst of his, then I suppose it's partly my fault so I guess I will help."

It baffled me why I agreed to this in the beginning. My heart beat was in serious overdrive, thumping ridiculously hard as I stood like a coward outside Elias's door, diverting my weight from foot to foot as I played with the small frays on my dress. If he harmed me, who would protect me? No one would protect me if what Esree was saying was true. Personally, I'd be scared of him too. Then, to my utter dismay, the large familiar door to Elias's room slowly eased open, a warning alert ringing wildly in my mind.

Without putting in too much thought, I stepped in, my body consumed with his intoxicating scent as the door quickly slammed shut behind me. With sharp instincts, I spun round, my eyes colliding with a hooded Elias. A small frown inched over my face as I folded my arms, staring wide eyed in disbelief. Two thick arms were dangling by his sides and the small clenching of his fists didn't go unnoticed as I swallowed hard.

"Stop it-" I spoke softly, refusing to allow him to act this way around me. "-take it off, you don't need to hide from me!"

The room filled with an eery silence, even my little men working overtime in my head couldn't work out his reaction for this one.

"I'm a freak, I don't belong here. Do you have any idea what would happen to me if anyone knew I existed? If anyone saw the colour of my eyes?" His voice was devilishly low, laced with threat and power as he took a deadly step forward. I shook my head slowly, banking on the fact that he required an answer from me. "-it's not pleasant, my mother- they took her. He let them take her." I watched his fists as he strained hard and it was that moment that I partially feared for my life. That and I was seemingly curious on Elias's mother. "Purebloods are feared, little Darcy, like you-" a squeal of protest passed my lips as my body was hurled to the wall, I was instantly slowed by thick hands yet was pressed into it firmly. "-just how you are afraid of me."

I scoffed, twice, I couldn't allow him to think he had the upper hand here, I couldn't have him thinking I feared him. That is, after all, what animals want. Then I froze, acknowledging what I just referred Elias to.

Is a vampire an animal?

"I'm not afraid of you Elias, perhaps your strength- that could be debatable." I rambled, at clear unease as his cloaked face lay inches from mine. "-but not you, deep down I know you're nothing of what Esree described a pure blood to be, I can see it in your eyes."

I was speaking far beyond my knowledge, but it was very much true. I didn't get that from him, I got anger yes, but sheer loneliness and pain. His own father, his only parent, is against him.

With brave hands, I brought my trembling fingers underneath his hood, resting my hands either side of his face as I gently ushered it upwards, his haunting eyes latching with mine swiftly. The thickness of his protruding scar lay softly beneath my finger as I ran my fingertips down it softly.
"Look at me, Darcy." The vulnerablity in his voice had my eyes watering faster than I could bite them back, I wanted to help him, he didn't deserve this, no one did. "I'm ugly, I am extinct for a reason dammit, no one outside of this house has ever laid eyes on me and what do you expect, I am an outcast for good reason and soon you will judge me like it."

Something in me ticked, a bomb so close to exploding that I almost slapped him across his face. "You're beautiful-" it was too late, I'd already began. "-you're astonishingly beautiful that you make my heart go like crazy every time you're near me! Your eyes are incredible, they don't scare me Elias how could you think such a thing? You're intoxicatingly ravishing, your voice- your skin, the way you act and your lack of fear, you're inspiring and somewhat unpredictable but I like that, Elias, don't think such negative things. Everyone has good in them, even you, I know it!"

"You're naive, Darcy, so, so naive that it frightens me." He spoke with a frown, the end of his knuckles gently brushed against the small of my cheek as his ruby eyes intensified. "I can't feel- pure blood lack that sense of emotion, if I even had the slightest urge to kill you I would in seconds because I can, I can do anything I want and I can do with you whatever I please."

I bit my lip, my small action entrapping his eyes in a swift motion as he sucked in a breath, both hands slamming the wall either side of my head. My eyes widened as I tried to remain strong and unaffected by his sudden outburst. "You want to know what else I can do?" I let my eyes fall shut at the feathery sensation of gentle lips against the sensitive skin against my throat, of which he trailed up to my ear where he rested softly. "I can control your every want and desires because I have that kind of power, that's what makes me so feared and do you want to know why you're so naive, little Darcy?"

I couldn't deny that my pulse was beating hard for the very reason I feared in the beginning, I just lacked the quality to judge him for it. The tone of his voice was suddenly laced with evil and bitterness of which he had obviously been concealing on purpose, a sickening smirk of satisfaction playing at his lips as his eyes turned a shocking shade of black. All suddenly dawned on me, he was playing with me, or at least, it seemed like it.

All had just clicked because it seemed I was his game and up until now, I hadn't a clue that I was heading straight for him and that what exactly what he wanted me to think.

••**••**••
Don't forget to vote, comment opinions, thanks for reading!!:)