CHAPTER 48 First Triumph

VATICAN

JAMES'S P.O.V

"Where are we, James?" Grace asked as she looked around. I opened the map from the book and simultaneously checked my phone's GPS map.
"We've crossed the grassland. There must be something around here. The map marks the statue here only." I passed her the map."It's strange. There's really nothing; as far as I can see, only woods. What's the GPS showing?"
"It's unable to make contact with the satellite." I refreshed the site, but all efforts were futile. Disbelief dawned on Grace. I held her hands firmly. "Hey, don't lose hope. I am sure we're close."
She didn't move her eyes from the book and turned a few pages back and forth. Suddenly, her face glowed as she found something. "James, look. This is not just a lone sculpture. It is surrounded by a few pillars, which are actually tree trunks covered with moss." I leaned in and looked at the only photo of the sculpture we were seeking in the book. It was dark, and it wasn't really a real-time picture but a sketch. "It's a sketch?"
"Yes, while others had pictures. That means this certainly isn't ordinary like the others."
"It won't be easy to find this, not like the others." "Indeed." She gave me the book, and I carefully followed the lines and the sketch, and something struck my eyes."How could I not see this before?"
"What?" Grace looked towards me surprisingly."See, something is written at the top left corner of this sketch."
"It's too small, I can't read this." She took her phone out and clicked a picture, and zoomed in. "I am sure this isn't English, Gaelic, or French. Is this Italian?"
"No, this isn't Italian. Let me take a closer look." I traced my fingers over the screen, trying to comprehend what those symbols meant. "I think this is not any particular script; rather, this serves as a secret code." Grace's eyes bulged out. "Shit! So, if what you said is true, then comprehending this will be next to impossible!"
"No, baby, I can think of something." I airdropped the snap to mine and pushed the send button to Alexander, but the network was just too weak. It would have probably taken a full 10 minutes to get it delivered, and then the reply would have taken much longer. Plan B - bring in your scholar skills, James!!

"We ourselves need to work this out," I murmured. I looked up to see Grace's confused face, her beautiful blue eyes shuttering rapidly. I gently pulled her closer and whispered, pressing a soft kiss on her right cheek, "You have me, Pookie! All my life, I have loved playing the code-cracking games and those books you told me 'looked boring with all those ancient symbols' and that 'I have a weird reading taste'; shall pay off today, my love." Her cheeks turned a pretty tint of pink, and her eyes brimmed with embarrassment and sass at the same time, pulling out another smile from me. "I never said that!"

"Not exact words, but you made it clear with that face you made." I smirked, earning an exaggerated scowl from her. Ahh, she doesn't even know how pretty she looks when she does that. Her sweet gasp immediately hardens my cock.
"And then how hard I made you scream my name, while I sucked—"
She cut me off, her cheeks turning more flushed. "You are insane!"
The moment she tried to pull away, I pulled her closer, spanking her ass. "And you love that, don't you?"She refused, and I grabbed the back of her neck. "Told you, baby, you are a bad liar."
I brushed my lips to hers before pulling away, leaving her ignited. "Don't distract me so much, Pookie. We have a lot of work to do. These symbols are waiting for me, so stop being jealous, my love."She grumbled again and sat down under the tree behind us, looking away from my gaze. I chuckled, knowing how hard she was trying to hide from me, the desire burning inside her from my touch.
My cute Pookie, how hard I will make you come when we go home tonight. Till then, no more distracting, I said to myself, knowing well enough I would break my resolve and kiss her like her lips are my only oxygen to live, once I look at her again. Truly insane.