CHAPTER 29 Secret Meeting

Quiet Cabin Hotel, Edinburgh countryside.

Located in an idyllic countryside setting, Quiet Cabin Hotel offers guests a peaceful and tranquil escape. It features comfortable accommodation, beautiful views, and a host of activities nearby. Not many people come here as it is generally reserved for royal families across the world. Quiet Cabin Hotel is the perfect location for secret meetings, offering privacy and discretion away from prying eyes. It has often been a popular choice for diplomats, politicians, and high-level executives who need a secure and secluded place to conduct their business.

" Hello, welcome to Edinburgh sir."

"Bonjour"

(Hello)

A blonde man with deep blue eyes replied, sitting around the round table facing the sea, surrounded by more than 10 black-suited bodyguards. He was huge, had a muscular frame, a strong jawline and a confident stride. He was dressed in a crisp grey suit. He spoke with a commanding voice and deep bass that echoed in the room. His gaze was intense and his presence intimidating. He was a powerful figure, and everyone around him could feel it. His bodyguards stood erect and alert, and the atmosphere in the room was tense. He stood out among the crowd, and it was clear that he was in charge.

" You did what you were supposed to do?" he said in a French accent His voice was firm and unyielding. He waited for a response, his eyes never leaving the person he was addressing. Everyone held their breath, waiting for the answer.

" Sir... it is partially done.. I just need some more time.." the pale Scottish hesitated, his voice trembling slightly. He was obviously nervous.

The French man narrowed his eyes and sternly replied, "You will have to finish it soon, or face the consequences." The pale man swallowed hard, his hands trembling as he nodded in agreement.

"I don't have time to waste", he continued curtly as he came close to him and caged him by his arms around his chair. The man's heart raced as the French man's gaze bore down on him. He could feel the sweat rolling down his back as he was forced to make a promise to finish the job. He knew he had no other choice but to comply. He said in a menacing tone "You have until tomorrow. Remember I am watching you." He turned away, the discussion was over.

The man nodded in fear, knowing there was no way he could go against the request. He watched as the French man walked away, leaving him alone in the room, trembling with fear. His authority was absolute, and no one dared challenge him. The room shrinks in his presence. He was a force to be reckoned with.

He immediately left to complete the task in hand before time ran out.

                            ~~❤️~~

Grace's house , Edinburgh

" James, are you okay?" Grace asked.

He turned towards her and forced a short smile. She knew he was not feeling well, so she opened her arms as they sat on the couch. " I need a hug " she said but deep inside she knew he needed it more than her. He leaned in and they embraced, and for a moment, all his worries melted away. In the arms of his home, he felt calm and safe. She held him in silence, letting him take all the time he needed to feel better. When he finally pulled away, she looked at him with understanding and compassion. She gave him a gentle smile and kissed his forehead. He smiled back, feeling grateful for her presence and unconditional love. They stayed together in the same spot for a while, just enjoying the moment. He then gestured to her to open the document they had brought from the palace. She nodded and drew out the research file. They took a deep breath, their hands intertwined and he opened it with his free hand. They read through the document, discussing its contents as they proceeded. They read out loud and explained the points they found significant.