CHAPTER 44 We are ready!

JAMES P.O.V

These were the best days of my life. Spending time with Grace in Italy was truly a beautiful experience. More than being just a trip it made our bond more strong which was really essential for what we have now. We reached the Vatican after spending a week in Rome, Florence and Venice.

I hadn't seen her so happy as I saw her in Italy and I would ruin everything who tried to steal that smile from her face.

I had done my research before and we had to meet someone who would help us remove the curse.

"Hello"

The old man in his 50s looked at us as he opened the door. His wrinkled face was illuminated by a warm smile. He welcomed us into his home with a gesture of his hand. He invited us to sit in the living room. He was wearing a white shirt and brown trousers. His grey hair was combed back neatly and he had a pair of round glasses that sat comfortably on the bridge of his nose. He had a kind and gentle face that expressed his wisdom and years of experience.I had a lot of hope in him.

"Hello, Alexander" I extended my hand,"it's such a pleasure to meet you". He smiled, meeting my gaze with his own, and shook my hand firmly.

"It's my pleasure, your majesty."

As much as I hated telling him about my real identity there was no other way we could meet him. I might have forgiven my father but it would surely take me time to get accustomed to these titles.

"Please call me James" . I continued,"Meet Grace"

"Hi, Grace."

"Hello Alexander."

"I haven't seen such beautiful women in a long time. It's nice to meet you." He took her hand and kissed the top of her knuckles.

"She's my woman." I was a bit amazed by how my voice sounded colder than ever.

Come on man,it's their culture.You jealous hopeless romantic, my inner voice mocked me.

Ya so what I am, My Grace is most important to me and she's my priority I don't give a fuck what others think of me.

" Woahh! young love!" He patted my shoulder. " You two look perfect together, soulmates. And don't worry, I am too old to make a move on her."

I gave a short smile.

"I learned about Laurent, it's very sad to lose a friend like him. We did a lot of research together. But you never know at this age."

The news about Laurent's death was soon released however it was named death by heart attack. We cannot take the risk of letting people know about the murder , While the intelligence team investigates the case.

"It is indeed an enormous loss for the country."

He nodded." I was amazed when I learned about you wanting to meet me. Well, it had really been kept secret about you."

It was inevitable that this would be the question.

"It was really difficult but I wanted to live like an ordinary person. And wanted to come in front of the world as their leader when I felt I really deserved it. " This half-truth slipped from my mouth easily after years of telling myself this.

His eyes widened " what a brave move.I am impressed. But don't you feel it would be difficult for people to believe they have a prince when their whole life they have been told he doesn't exist?"

I smiled and replied, "It may be hard at first, but I'm sure that with time they will come to believe it.And when they do, I'm sure they will be proud to have a prince who stands for justice and fairness. They will also feel it was worth it." I continued "and I feel after living like others I can connect to more people than I would have while enjoying all the luxuries of the palace."