CHAPTER 37 Alban Vèrany

JAMES'S P.O.V

Blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin, tall and broad shoulders. He wore a grey suit with a black tie. He looked towards me and I saw a snake tattoo in his neck. His eyes were cold.

" Hey James, remember me Kiddo? " He stepped closer, his face just inches away from mine. His breath smelled like cigarettes and whiskey. He smiled, a sinister look in his eyes.

I remembered him instantly.

" Cicero ? Is it you Cicero buyers?"

Cicero was one of my greatest competitions in the martial arts school when I learned it when my mom and I were hiding. We were always neck and neck in the rankings and it was a friendly, but fierce rivalry. I hadn't seen him since we left school and it felt strange to hear him again. What was he doing here?

" Ahh, I am Alban Vèrany kiddo."

Alban Vèrany... the French Mafia. Ahh what could you expect from someone like him? And now I was able to connect the dots of him and the royals and Grace.

I smirked and said " Alban... How did Cicero change to Alban Vèrany, Satan ?"

He just stared at me with a smirk and replied “It’s a long story. I’ll tell you some other time”. I nodded, knowing that I won’t ever get to hear the full story.

"Well, I'm impressed by how much you've changed. From that shitty crying kiddo to a prince. Ahhhh, lucky you, the man who left you and your poor mom turned out to be a king." He grinned.

His words deepened my rage. I clenched my teeth and fists, my skin burning with rage.

"However, I am not impressed that you haven't altered much. Same old Satan residing in this body, the one who was, is and will always be jealous of everyone. There's no use changing the name if you don't change the inside. You can't escape your true self. " This time my words were as sharp as knives that stabbed the hidden layer of the past.

" Please kiddo , will you make me cry ? What a transformation." He winked.

I didn't take the bait. And moved to the straight point.

" You have again made a huge mistake Cicero ohh sorry Alban. Where is Grace?"

He raised his eyebrows and what he said only ignited the fire more.
" Grace... We'll see you made me more impressed. This has to say your choice is amazing. That beautiful woman , blue eyes, blonde curls , tempting lips , ah I cannot forget her face."

My self control was on the cliff. I moved forward and grabbed his collar " be careful Satan with what you are saying. I won't mind hitting you again and this time completely taking your life away. "

He looked at me fearlessly. I tightened my grip and felt anger boiling in my veins.

" Where is she? Tell me!"

He pushed my hand back and smiled: "You really think I will tell you? And dude come to reality, In the past you might have won all the martial fights against me but now things have changed kiddo."

I let out a sarcastic chuckle "really ? We'll see and if you don't tell me where she is then I'll show you who is the real kiddo." I stepped forward, ready to fight. He too stepped forward. "Alright, let's see."

We both moved into a martial arts stance, ready to fight. He was bigger and stronger, but I was determined not to give in. I threw the first strike, and he blocked it easily. He retaliated with a powerful punch, but I dodged it. I quickly countered with a kick to his side, sending him flying across the jet's kitchen. I quickly followed up with a series of punches and kicks, pushing him further and further back. Finally, I pinned him to the wall and he conceded.

" Got your answer Satan ! Now tell me where is Grace ?" I tightened my grip on him pinning him hard to the metal walls.

" Ahh it's luck kiddo! " He said denying his defeat. He always did the same thing, so I wasn't surprised. Never accepting his defeat.

" Tell me where you have captivated her, or your already bad luck will worsen!"

" As an old friend, I shall tell you, you have stuck your ass in a terrible shit kiddo."

" And if you don't answer me , as an old competitor I will ensure you won't have an ass left !"

He laughed and said, "Now that you're a prince, please choose your words wisely."

I pinned him harder. He left a growl and said out of breath "she is here only search yourself."

Before I could blow another puch into his fucking face , Ellion came from my back.

" Your Majesty, I'll handle him."

" You came very soon Ellion." I said sarcastically. I left Alban who fell to the floor and became unconscious and searched for Grace.

My heart was racing. I walked across the kitchen and then to the last corner of the jet. But she wasn't there.

Then I saw a curtain around a small room. I rushed forward. I pulled open the curtain and she was there, curled up in a ball, her hands and legs tied and her mouth muffed by a cloth. There was a bruise on her forehead and red spots of clogged blood on her hands.

My heart ached seeing her and I quickly untied her and removed the cloth band from her mouth. She lay there fainting. I took her into my arms and made her sit on the kitchen counter . I sprinkled some water on her face and patted it softly " Grace , Wake up please "
" see love I am here !"

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at me hoping this was not a dream. Tears streamed down her face. I hugged her tightly. She held me back, gripping me tightly and burying her face in my chest. I rubbed her back.

"Pookie I am here. I am so sorry I was late." I pressed a kiss on her forehead She was shaking and crying. I just stayed there, holding her until she calmed down. I wiped away the tears and told her it was going to be okay.

" You are...really here James." Ahh her voice, it was barely a whisper. Her old cheerful voice was missing and that burned something inside me. But her being safe in my arms cooled a part of the rage. I cupped her face and said

" yes my love I am here. " Her wet eyes somehow reflected a hope. I brushed my lips over hers in a tender and consoling kiss.

And hugged her tightly until her tears ran dry and her breaths became even. She was weak and I carried her into my arms. She nestled into my embrace and I could feel her body relaxing. I kissed her softly and promised her everything would be alright. We walked away together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote for the story if you are really liking it....