CHAPTER 43 Hopelessly in love

JAMES'S P.O.V

It was one of the best days of my life.I had never seen Grace so happy. Her smile was beautiful and lit up the entire restaurant. Her eyes glistened with joy and I knew she was truly happy. It made me so proud to make her happy. I knew she would be overwhelmed after seeing the portrait of her parents but the reality was even more beautiful than I had imagined.

"Pookie"I said as I grazed her knuckles with my fingertips.

She looked away from the huge window that overlooked the mediterranean view outside. She smiled slightly, her gaze lingering on the horizon, before turning back to me with an amused glint in her eye.

" I am extremely happy today James. Thank you so much for everything." She leaned in and kissed me. I grinned at her, "I'm glad you're happy, my love. What can I do to make you even happier?" She arched an eyebrow and replied playfully, "Oh, I'm sure you can think of something." I smiled and pulled her closer, my lips brushing against hers.

We stayed there for a few moments, lost in our embrace. Then I took a step back, my hands still on her waist. I looked into her eyes and said, "I love you." She smiled and replied, "I love you too."

"Do you know what Pookie?"

She gestured at me to continue.

" I want to spend my whole life with you. I love you more than anything in this world. Nothing will change that. I want to make you the happiest person in the world. Now I can't even imagine a single day without you being here by my side, a day without looking into your deep eyes, a day without seeing your smile, a day without feeling how your lips taste over mine."

she squezzed my hand and pressed a soft peck on my cheeks.She leaned on my hands and locked our eyes together.

" I am so deeply in love with you Pookie."

She cupped my cheeks her eyes welling with warmth

"Congratulations James Ernold you are now stuck with the most possessive princess." I smiled, my heart pounding. "Oh, I'm not complaining, your majesty. I'm simply grateful to be in the presence of such a captivating queen."She laughed, "Oh, you just sealed your fate, James! I'm never letting you go now!"

"Believe me, I don't want it any other way."

Something passed through her eyes for a moment: fear

I wrapped my hands around her " we will make it, love"

She smiled "Yes we will, I know." What she said made my heart swell.

" I am not afraid of anything. The way you make me feel is enough for me not to be the old scared Grace. I feel strong like never before. Earlier i had no reason to fight but now i don't have something but someone and that's YOU I'm not letting anyone or anything take that away. I'm ready to take on whatever comes our way."

"That's my girl!" I hugged her tightly. I kissed her forehead and said, "I'm here for you, always."

GRACE'S P.O.V

If I knew falling in love was so beautiful, I would never have let go of James before. In the past, I had thought that he would never accept me like this, that I was unlovable. But I was wrong and I have never felt so happy about being wrong than now.Truly he is the best man to ever exist.
Seeing him smiling as we strolled around the Roman Colosseum made me want to freeze the moment and stare at him. He gave me the best gift I could ever receive. The portrait he gave me as a surprise will forever be engraved in my heart. He truly loves me and I'm so immensely thankful for that. But my most valuable and precious gift is HIM. Someone whom I always dreamed of and someone I thought I could never get But I did, and now I'm not leting anyting steal him from me.

" James " I said as we sat in the spectator arena and watched a special show being held in the Colosseum.

"Yes, Pookie?'

"why are we the only ones here?" deep in my heart I knew the answer but i wanted to know it from him. He smiled and said, "We're here for a private show, Pookie. Just you and me."

"A private show in the Colosseum? Seriously!" My eyes widened. "What did you do? Rent out the whole Colosseum?" He chuckled. "That's one way of putting it. I wanted to make sure we had the full experience."

"Let me guess: you hired an orchestra to play for us?" I asked. "You really know how to spoil a girl!"

"I did better than that!"

This man! " you are insane!" He proved it once again as I saw he hired a full cast of actors to put on a play just for us. My jaw dropped in amazement as I saw the actors taking their positions on the stage. I instantly realized it was no ordinary play, it was our story. I couldn't believe my eyes. He captured every moment of our lives perfectly, the good and the bad. The actors played the beautiful moments we spent together. I was overwhelmed with emotion and taken aback to the time we went through everything i felt i was living everything again. I looked over at him and smiled. I was truly speechless. He smiled back at me, and for a moment it felt like time had stopped. I could feel my heart swell with love and admiration for him. He wrapped his arms around me, I leaned in brushing my lips against his. " you truly are insane!" 

" you are the only one who drives me insane, Pookie."

My mouth hurt from how much I smiled."I am hopelessly in love with you James Ernold." He kissed me back, his lips gentle and passionate. I felt my soul melt into his. Our embrace was full of love, care, and warmth. " I love you too a lot Pookie" 

I snuggled closer and whispered " Old me would never have believed how much I love the name you gave me." He chuckled. "Old me would never have believed it either." He kissed my forehead and I smiled again, feeling completely and utterly content. 

"You know what else old me would never have thought was possible?" He asked, pulling me closer and our eyes meeting in the moonlight. I looked up at him, my heart fluttering with anticipation. "What?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper. "That I could be this smitten with someone," he said with a playful smile.

 I felt my cheeks flush and I laughed softly, wrapping my arms around him and pressing my forehead against his chest. "That's so cheesy," I said, my voice muffled in his shirt. He laughed and tightened his arms around me. "That's why I said it," he said, and I could feel his smile against my hair. I felt my heart swell with love, and I looked up at him, my eyes shining. "Truly insane" I muttered, and he leaned down to kiss me.

The best thing that has ever happened to me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote for the story if you are really liking it.....