CHAPTER 41 Surprises

JAMES'S P.O.V

" Take care of you and her." Dad said

I nodded and hugged him as we left for the airport for our flight to the Vatican. I hadn't told him the whole truth about why we were visiting there. Grace wanted to visit the Pope, that's what I told him.

"Ready?" I asked Grace who looked tensed. I hated to see her nervous but there was something this time in her eyes. It was hope and trust that she had in me. Yeah, that's my girl!

I smiled and put my arm around her shoulder. " Yes." She said with a small smile. We walked together to the door. I felt her body shaking with each step. I hugged her tightly as we reached the door. I whispered in her ear, "It's going to be alright." I opened the door and we left for the airport.

"So! Are you feeling better, Pookie?" I kissed her forehead as we sat in the back seat of the car.

She snuggled closer to me, " I have decided to stay optimistic about things. I am feeling very well , everything will be alright. With you by my side I want to enjoy every moment I have with you." I smiled, wrapping my arms around her. I knew that no matter what, I would be there for her. We could get through anything together.

"How many times will you take my heart, Pookie?" She looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes, and I could see her love for me. "As many times as you need me to," she said, and I knew she meant it.

"It's been yours only, since the day you crashed into my life." I leaned down and kissed her softly. "I promise to never take it away from you," I said, and in that moment I knew I wouldn't. She smiled and I felt warmth I never wanted to leave.

"Well it's not going to be a boring trip. I have surprises for you there." I said. She looked up at me with a mischievous grin. "What kind of surprise?" wait! Surprises plural!" she asked.

I winked and said, "You'll just have to wait and see." She squealed with delight and asked me more questions, but I refused to give away any hints.

We reached the airport and took a private jet. The jet interiors were plush with luxurious leather seats and marble counter-tops. I gave her a pair of noise cancelling headphones and a goodie bag filled with her favorite snacks and drinks. She was so excited, she couldn't contain her joy.

" You should save some smiles for other things as well. You haven't even seen your first surprise till now."

" Don't worry I can't stop smiling when I am with you!"

I smiled and opened a curtain to reveal a private room with a view of the clouds. She gasped in awe and looked at me with eyes full of wonder. "You're really spoiling me," she said. I grinned and said, "I'm just getting started." I took her hand and we walked in together. She looked around in amazement and I could see her face light up with joy. "This is so beautiful!"

My eyes were only fixed on her "yes! The best view."

"I love it!"

" Me too!"

She turned and looked at me, our eyes met. " Well I am talking about the view."

" Me too, my view is breathtaking!"
I looked at her golden skin cascading the sky hue, the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen. The smile that lit up my dark world. I could stare into her eyes forever.

I put my arms around her waist and drew her closer. She giggled as I leaned in and whispered in her ear "You are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." She blushed,