CHAPTER 16 You are safe!

There was a moment of silence, just deep eye contact. Both eyes were filled with tears. James was overwhelmed with emotions and immediately hugged her, when he realised that yes it was his Grace who was standing in front of him.

"Ja..mes!" Grace said while wrapped in his arms.

"Grace , I found you !" James said lovingly kissing her forehead.

The two stayed there in each other's arms, expressing their deep love for one another.

                             ~~❤️~~

"How are you Grace?"

" I am fine James , tell me how are you ? "

As they sat on the couch together, James didn't say a word. He just looked at Grace with loving eyes.
She looked beautiful like she always did, hair tied into a messy bun, a white peplum top and saasy rugged jeans.

She was quite concerned and nervous. She was preparing herself for the questions that she believed James would ask her.
While playing with the loose strands of her ripped jeans, she explained nervously, "I never wanted to hurt you James."

James stopped her from continuing and held her hand softly in his.

" No , Grace you don't need to explain anything to me or defend yourself, i totally understand why you would have taken this step. I know this would have been as difficult for you as it was for me. The reason I came here is not to ask you anything or to get an answer to everything. Instead, I came here to see if you were OK. My priority is always you. I won't ask any questions. I want you to tell me whatever you want whenever you want. My most significant concern is that you are safe. That ths person I love the most is safe, that I do not lose anyone who means the world to me, again. (Again?)

I will only have you in my life whether we stay together or not. This is because my heart belongs to you, and no one else deserves it. And yes, I want to tell you that you are the star of my dark universe Grace. You never brought any trouble to my life but rather you were the only light in a world filled with darkness."

Grace's eyes were moist and her expressions of love spoke volumes. She couldn't control herself and hugged him tightly and buried her face in his chest. This time it was her who showed how much she missed him in those few days.

"I don't know what to say James. I am the one who hurt you but you are still here with me." she said.

"No need to say anything, dear."

After few moments he got up off the couch.

"I am really happy that you are fine and I finally met you... I think I should leave now. I don't want you to be in trouble because of me ... Take care beautiful."

"Where are you going?"

" Hotel, I will search for one."

" The time is already too late, and it's snowing outside, so I don't think it's safe for you to leave now...if you don't mind, you can stay here, there's an empty room on the upper floor." Grace suggested.

"It's fine, I'll leave, I don't want to disturb you"

" It's okay James, you can stay. I wouldn't mind it. It's so cold outside, I won't feel right if you just leave and look for a hotel. Already I am feeling very guilty that because of me you had to come all the way from New York to here."

"Don't blame yourself for anything Grace...... Okay, I will stay here tonight."

She nodded and said "Good , I will show you the room, you rest there and then we will have dinner."

She took the stairs and motioned him to follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote for the story if you are really liking it...