CHAPTER 39 Forgive

JAMES'S P.OV

Mornings always felt different from Edinburgh's palace and it seemed more tranquil with Grace lying beside me. I could feel the sun's warmth on my skin as I watched the birds fly by and the trees sway in the wind. The fresh scent of morning dew filled the air and everything around me was calm and peaceful.

"Good morning, Pookie" I kissed her softly. She stirred in her sleep and stretched her arms out. A smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she opened her eyes and looked up at me. "Good morning," she said, her voice still heavy from sleep. I smiled down at her and brushed a strand of her hair back and tucked it behind her ear. "It's time to get up," I said, and she groaned in response.

A small chuckle escaped my lips as I leaned down and kissed her forehead. " I want to sleep, after days I am actually seeing a good dream." I smiled and kissed her forehead again. "Am I in there?" I asked.

She opened her eyes slowly, a small smile playing on her lips. "Yes, you're in there." She said, her voice soft and comforting. I smiled and tightly hugged her. "What did you see?"

We stayed in each other's arms for a few moments, feeling the warmth of the embrace. She then looked at me with mischievous eyes and said, "That's a secret." I smiled and said, "Well, I guess I'll have to find out by myself." She laughed and kissed my cheek before we let go of the embrace. "I'm sure you will," she said, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

Suddenly my expression became heavy " Grace did you see anything regarding the Callopes secret ?"

Grace shook her head. "No, nothing," she replied. Her voice was strained. She could feel the tension in the air.

"It's OK," I said breathing in her scent. I don't want her to worry about anything. She smiled faintly and leaned into my embrace. I could feel her body shaking and I held her tighter. I wanted her to know that I was here for her, no matter what. I kissed the top of her head, and she looked up into my eyes. I could see the pain in her eyes, but I also saw the trust she had in me. I knew that I would do anything I could to make her feel safe and protected.

                              ~~❤️~~

" Nothing could be more satisfying and beautiful than seeing you happy dear"

King William said looking at James and Grace at the table having breakfast. The royal breakfast consisted of freshly baked croissants, Danish pastries, scrambled eggs, grilled bacon, and an assortment of jams and spreads. The table was adorned with crisp white linen table cloth, and silverware glimmered in the morning light. The aroma of the freshly brewed coffee lingered in the air, and the birds outside the window sang a cheerful tune. Everyone was enjoying the peaceful morning, and the warm atmosphere was palpable.

They smiled at him warmly.

" Dad... Thank you. Thank you for everything." James' eyes were filled with emotion. His father smiled back at him, tears welling up in his eyes.

" I am sorry for every mistake I ever made son."

James stepped forward and hugged his father tightly. "It's okay, Dad. I .....forgive you."

His father smiled through his tears and kissed the top of his son's head. He whispered. "I love you." His father nodded, and whispered back, "I love you too."

" Now don't cry Your Majesty, your people won't like to see you cry." James laughed, and wiped away his father's tears. He put a hand on his father's shoulder, and gave him a gentle side hug.