CHAPTER 22 The Curse

Their faces tensed, as they sat together on the couch to learn the secret that had caused them so much misery.

" James I cannot hold this anymore and I have decided to tell you everything about me, my past and the greatest secret of my life..."

James nodded and indicated he was all ears.

" Before I tell anything I have to say that I love you very much James.. you are the only one I ever loved in my whole life. I wanted to distance myself away from you because of my past. I know that I will cause you a great deal of trouble. I don't want to think about what will happen to  once you learn my truth. I leave it to you , if you want to be with me or not after knowing everything about my journey from Jane to Grace...and then all that is bound to happen with me in the future."

She took a deep breath and continued.

" My real name is Jane Basil. I am the only princess of France... I don't belong to any common family. My father was from the Callopes, which are one of the most dangerous dynasties in the world.  When the Callopes took power in France my father was made the king. He then fell in love with my mother who was the daughter of the king they defeated. They were madly in love and decided to marry but it was against the principles. And they were forced to separate but they never did. Then when they found out that my mother was pregnant with me things got worse. As my father was the only heir, they did not wanted to snatch his position and accepted him, but not me nor my mother. And they did something really cruel to us. The Callopes have a special power .... They are the only ones who can give a curse.. and they....cursed me..."

James was shocked. It was difficult to digest everything.

" I know James you might not believe what I say but everything I am saying is true, these things do exist. " A tear fell from her eye , she continued " I have seen everything through my eyes , I have experienced everything..."

James let out a deep breath and held her hands. "I do believe everything you say Grace.... Tell me about the curse." His eyes were moist.

"They cursed me that I would lose my parents at a young age, there will be no one to look after me and thats what happened . First I lost my mother, then my father. I lived a life of an orphan. They further cursed me that when I turn 27, I will forget everything that happened in my life and another personality will take over my body like a different spirit....who will be evil and will be loyal to the Callopes......"

James was shocked. He had never imagined anything like that not even in his dreams. Grace couldn't stop crying. Every second was filled with fear.

" Grace...." He hugged her tightly.

" Oh Jesus, I never thought anything like this.... Grace, I can't imagine what you have been through... I can't imagine. Now I understand everything Grace...I understood..."

He held her hands tightly and looked at her. "I am not afraid of anything Grace. I will never leave you! , I don't know how but I will protect you....I won't leave you ever my love, never... I will always love you... " She hugged him tightly.

"We will soon find a way to remove this curse,I promise."

Both were still in each other's embrace.

" I couldn't understand one thing Grace , they have already cursed you so why are they after you ? why do they want to kidnapp you ?"

" as I told you my father was a Callope , he couldn't remove my curse but he in turn cursed the whole Callopes that I would be the only one who could open the greatest secret of callopes. So they want to know everything about the place where the secret will be revealed at the specific time from me, before I turn into an evil body and forget everything."

" what ! what type of secret ?"

" I don't know entirely but my father had told me that this is the biggest secret about all callopes and the entire mankind. Before me he was the only one who could open it and maybe that was the reason that they had only accepted him."

"Do you know the place or time it's gonna reveal?"

" no ,I will get to know the place and time slowly maybe through dreams or whenever the Lord wants."

"Well, it's not important right now what the secret is," James comforted her with his hand over her back and continued "Instead we have to remove the curse as soon as possible , Only 5 months and 7 days are left for you to turn 27."

" yes, but I think we won't be able to remove it... I spent my whole 26 years trying to find a way to fix this. I didn't want to live but I faced all the hellish things just because I thought I could end this. However, I failed, I don't know how to end this. So how can we remove it in just 5 months.... please James don't put yourself in trouble I don't want you to get any harm..."

"I know Grace it is not easy, but you were alone at the time, but now I am with you. Grace, there is nothing stronger than pure love. Let's give it a try!"

Grace looked unsatisfied but James assured her that everything was gonna be alright and kissed her forehead. " We will remove this curse , it is now not your curse it is our curse..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote for the story if you are really liking it......