CHAPTER 18 Nightmare

James was tucked into bed, exhausted from jet lag , Grace sat by the bonfire after washing dishes. The time was late at night when James came downstairs to get a drink of water. As he walked towards the kitchen which was attached to the living room, he saw that the lights were on and Grace had fallen asleep on the couch. In the space of a few minutes, he sat on the opposite chair, leaned forward and looked lovingly at her as she was peacefully sleeping.

"Hey Jesus, I still can't believe that I am with her after so many days. All these days without her were meaningless to me. After so many dark years of my life, I can see bright days coming now, days filled with love and happiness, yet I am not sure... My only wish is that my expectations will soon become reality. Thank you Lord, that you at least made someone for me. There is no denying that it is Grace...All my life I have been deprived of love by my fam..ily, I can't even consider that selfish heredity as family... Please keep my Grace safe now. I want nothing more than her...."

~~❤️~~
GRACE'S P.O.V

As I walked, silence was broken with every step I took, and darkness engulfed everything around me. The twisted feeling of fear grew bigger and bigger.
" Mère.....père ... Mom... Dad... "
As I ran everywhere in the darkness, a sound echoed in my ears.
"Jane..."
I know, it was Dad..
"I need you dad... Where are you?" I cried out.

" You.. killed us Jane. You killed us..... Now we can never be there for you....never ....gone we are...gone " my mom shouted from the other end.

"No i didn't , I...did .not . Da...d , m..om . Pl..ease don't leave me..."

" You killed us .. Jane .....killed us....."
In every direction, voices echoed. I could not breathe. Just yelled for help....

~~❤️~~
"No i didn't......mom ... Dad ..... s'il te plait ne me laisse pas..!!.( Please don't leave me..) No... Don't.... I didn't....."

A voice came in , James who had fallen asleep on the chair woke up immediately....

"Grace ... Grace " he went up to her being worried.

She woke up abruptly and was shivering badly. He gently rubbed her back to console her and wrapped her in his arms.

"Grace .. nothing happened, you have got me.. it was just a nightmare... I am here with you .."

She started to cry while clinging to his shirt.

"Everything's fine dear... I am here, I won't let anything happen to you ... it was a bad nightmare nothing else."

He brought her a glass of water. When she felt a bit comfortable he asked her what she saw in her dream.

" Again the same nightmare ! Dark... it was all dark , I could only hear my father's voice and then my mum's cry." she started sobbing and couldn't say anything further.

"I'm here with you. Such nightmares come and go sometimes. Just forget them and stay calm." He rubbed her arms softly.

He took her hands in his and said
" Grace, follow what I say, would you?"

She nodded

" Look at me , just look at me , now close your eyes.. take a deep breath .. in , exhale. Repeat it, in and out."

She felt slightly better.

"I'm with you. We will talk about everything in the morning. Now forget such things and try to get some sleep."

Just sitting there, she didn't say anything. James then put his arm around her and kept her head on his shoulder. He gently rubbed his fingers on her arm and her beautiful blond hair.

After half an hour or more she finally fell back to sleep peacefully as before. The difference was that now she was in James' arms and not on the couch..

~~❤️~~

It was morning. She woke up and as she sat on the couch she looked at the kitchen.
It was James making eggs. In the kitchen's hanging lights, his brown hair glistened. His hazel eyes looked as attractive as his body. She could not stop staring at him as he brushed his hair from his face, leaned on the counter folding his arms.
In her mind, she thought, "His persona and beauty are like that of a prince."

His eyes then met hers as he moved his head to check on her. Those were just a few seconds but it felt like eternity for him. It was just love... from both sides, no words, just eyes expressing love.

It was impossible for him to look further into her eyes. "Good morning."

She looked very adorable and pretty as she woke up, her face radiating innocence. He would have run up to her and embraced her beautifully in his arms if he had held eye contact with her. Making her truly his.

"Good morning" she replied and walked towards him.

"I am sorry, I used your kitchen without your permission and made us breakfast."

"Come on, why did you put yourself in trouble? I would have made it."

As he arranged the plates on the table, he said,
"There is no problem with doing things for people who are important to us." He then pulled a chair for her and gestured for her to sit. He then sat in the opposite chair and continued.

"I used to make such breakfasts for my mom when I was young." I still remember the first time I cooked for her and she was surprised to learn what a prince might cook after all... I...mean my parents treated me as a prince and never taught me to do any house chores. "

" So, how did you learn to cook?"

" The chef was my first friend and he secretly taught me some recipes." He grinned and continued, " And when I started living alone I learnt many things, just as an ordinary man... No prince vibes then .."

"Our parents always treat us like princes or princesses. It doesn't really matter if we really are or not.... Being our parents' princess or prince is more loving than being a real one...."

"I agree."

"Who says real princesses are happy with their lives?" She murmured to herself. And became silent.

" Grace , are you fine ?"
She nodded while playing with the spoon.

"Grace, look at me please."

" Hmm"

"Since when are you having nightmares of the kind you had yesterday?"

" Since ....my parents died. I usually get those. It takes me a while to get back to normal after them... I am sorry, I know I troubled you."

" No, absolutely not Grace. Why have you never told me about this? "I can't imagine what all you must have been through during those times. "

Grace said nothing just stared at her finished plate. James got up and walked up to her. He patted her head and said

" It's alright, leave all this, I need your help, will you help me?"

She nodded

" Since this is the first time I am here in Scotland ( really ?) will you help me tour it ?"

She smiled and said " ofcourse , but I wont be able to accompany you to all the places , just a few of them. "

" I just need to visit a few of them " he winked.

" Okay , we will go out after an hour or so , fine ?"

" Yup "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ please vote for the story if you are really liking it......