CHAPTER 25 Team

" Good afternoon sir."

" Sirrrr!!!"

" Sorry, Brother "

James smiled.

" Meet Grace , Adverd "

" Hello Miss"

" Hi "

"You're even more beautiful in reality, now I know why our prin.. , my brother fell for you. "

She blushed.

James mischievously said, "Well, it wasn't just her beauty that made me fall for her!" He winked as he took a pause and said " She is the most kind soul I ever met.."

Grace smiled. And he continued.

" Adverd She knows everything, there is no need to hide anything from her."

" Oh ! Okay "

They sat on the couch, Grace brought tea for all of them.

"Thank you," they replied. And she sat beside James.

" Yes brother, what are we doing? "

" So, we have to meet Laurent. "

" May I ask why?"

" We need to know about the Callopes."

" Callopes! "

" Do you know anything about them?"

" Not really, but they have been our enemies since... Mother Kaylein died."

" But why ? How are we connected to them ?"

" Sorry, but I really don't know anything, i have just witnessed some cases when they secretly attacked us. We weren't given any explanation. but I think that he must be knowing."

" Laurent..."

Adverd nodded.

James looked at Grace and intertwined his fingers with hers.

"How can we meet Laurent?" James asked.

"There is no other way to do it than going to the palace itself." Adverd replied.

" Really?"

" He is on the bed sir, can't even move."

" Who is Laurent? " Grace asked.

James replied, "He is the oldest member of the court, everyone admires him, and he is also an historian.".

" Then he might know a lot and can help us." she realized.

" Yes" Adverd nodded.

" Do you want me to approach and ask him?" Adverd asked James.

In a deep thought, James replied, "No Adverd, I have to meet him myself.".

Grace kept her hand on his shoulder and said " do you really want to go there? "

He turned to her and assured her
" yes , both of us will secretly proceed to the palace, backed by Adverd ."

" You can even go without being secretive, Brother."

James refused

" It's been so long brother, till when are you not coming ! Lifetime?"

" Yes, never, leave this. We have to make a plan to enter the palace."

Adverd sighed.

Grace nodded.

Suddenly, Grace saw shadows of few people moving near the window.

" James, I think someone is outside the window." she said concernedly.

James looked there and said while returning, "There is no threat, there are only our guards outside."

"Guards??" Grace questioned.

" I missed telling you this , when i was at the airport, Adverd called me and told that there has been some unusual immigration from New York and France yesterday. So i instructed him to send some of our royal guards here to protect you and that is when i skipped my flight. "

"What?"

" Yes, and now i think those are the Callopes."

" They have come...." Grace was a bit worried.

" Those French royal guards are a part of Callopes?" Adverd questioned.

James and Grace nodded.

"The situation needs to be corrected soon," James said.
He assured Grace

" I am with you."

" I don't know the complete matter , but I am too. " Adverd said.

Grace smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote for the story if you are really liking it....