I halted at a stair case, grand black stairs filling my vision in a quick glance as I darted down them, adrenaline finally giving me the courage to go all the way and escape this place. I wasn't going to stop, not now, I'd come this far. The stairs positioned in a spiral layout, I made it majority of the way when a shriek of terror took me by alert, instantly easing my survival mode as I quickly jogged closer to the cry. I knew it was none of my business and of course I didn't stand a chance in this surreal place but when I realised the extremity of the assault I couldn't control myself, I couldn't hold myself back. A young girl, no older than eleven overtook my vision. That- and a very old man, with formed wrinkles in all dips of his skin indicating his age. His hair was a faint grey and from the distance, he made me want to run for the hills. But I couldn't- I couldn't leave her. I watched as his large hand picked her ruthlessly up by her throat, her small legs dangling hopelessly in the air as she clawed and grasped against his hold, small protruding fangs hissing in sheer aggression and warning. I could feel the pulse in my heart accelerate at the surprising action yet I bravely pushed aside my fear and walked further into the room. "Stop!"

I almost slapped myself for being so foolish, I could of perhaps approached the situation in a different way- a more tactical way. It was too late now, I'd made my bed and I had to be prepared to get shoved in it.

"Let her go!"

The girl stopped struggling, both heads slowly turning towards my meek, quiet voice as I involuntary took a much needed step back. Intimidation had nothing on this man, the power radiating from him had me suffocating, I knew I'd made a mistake just as his deadly eyes locked with mine. He looked brutal and clearly I wasn't the only one who assumed that.

I watched as the girl widened her eyes, retreating her fangs as she frowned at me, shaking her head frantically in his grasp as she silently pleaded for me to leave, as though I was going to cause greater trouble. The girl fell to her knees, released from his grasp as he creepily fixated his body to my direction, focusing on me as though I was prey. He slowly tipped his head, angling towards me as he narrowed his eyes, taking a haunted step. His expression resembled that of a blank canvas, he gave nothing away. My eyes fell over the young girl sat upright on her knees as she trembled, almost in fright for me as he stalked menacingly closer. If anything, I thought she'd be relieved now his attention wasn't solely on murdering her.

"God damn it, this is your fault!" A familiar voice hissed from outside the room, causing the tension in the air to multiply. I watched as the man tensed, his head snapping around to face the girl as they shared a hidden look, forcing the girl to rise to her feet as she stood awkwardly.

I turned on my heel, squealing in surprise as two very familiar men approached my view. Elijah and Elias. Elias had his oversized hoodie covering his unknown face as I noticed the sudden flexing of his hands, clearly at unease.

I was surrounded, by four of them as I slowly backed up to my left, suddenly fearing for my life. "What is that?"

I could feel an offended frown cross my features as I stared dumbfounded at the old man, my jaw for sure hitting the ground as I folded my arms in defence, failing to camouflage my feelings. "I'm a person!" I hissed, cursing at myself for my lack of restraint. "Stop talking as though I'm not, God dammit!"

The young girl slapped her hands to her face in disbelief, suddenly seeming a lot older than she actually perceived. My gaze fixed over on Elijah, captivating his attention as his eyes met mine.

"You dare to disrespect me."

I scrunched up my face, involuntary inhaling a foul scent as the man instantly appeared in front of me, his face deadly close as i finally managed to get an up close visualisation on his face. His eyes- they were jet black, unbelievably unique as though his pupils took over his entire eye. I tried to hold back, I tried to hold my breath in order to fight the urging cough spiralling in my chest but it was too late. With a strong intake of the foul odour I stopped fighting and spluttered helplessly all over the mans face. It was bad, it was so bad- my situation I mean. I knew the odds were as good to none and I knew this was it for me but I was going to remain strong. The old man brought his hand up in a threatening manner, ready to collide with my head.

It was then two husky, alerted voices spoke in harmony, it was all it took to halt the man in his ruthless action and he dropped his hand to his side, sneering in my face as he fisted a tight grip into my now frizzy hair, pulling viciously. I shrieked, prying at his hand at the soaring pain seeping through my scalp. My eyes snapped to the two culprits, Elijah and Elias.

Elijah frowned over to Elias, unsure of why he would try and attempt to protect me but all was proven as he stepped forward. "Let me, father."

I could sense his hostility and quite frankly it made me extremely curious. I almost moaned in relief at the removal of his wrinkly hand in my scalp, the pain was still throbbing but it was a lot more tolerable than the real thing. "No Elias!" The young girl spoke up, biting her lip as she realised what exactly it was she just did. She flinched as the man sent a look of threatening hatred her way and I was surprised to see that he didn't make an attempt to hurt her. She really was beautiful, her hair resembled that of mine, soft curls cascading down her back just minus all the frizz mine always seemed to consume.

I could feel my heart hammer against my ribs as Elias pressed his firm body against mine, holding my back so I was kept still and captivated, forcing me to feel every inch of his body. I let out of cry of disapproval at the sudden tug of my loose hair that seemed to constantly be taken advantage of. My neck was on vivid show, seemingly captivating Elias's attention as he ran his rough jaw down the side of face to dip down against my neck. "For a human-" he began, forcing me to choke on shock at the small feathery kiss he planted against my skin, forcing a small sensation of tingles to shoot through each of my nerve endings. "You really are so, so tempting." The scorching burning was clearly noticeable as I felt my cheeks heat in humility, he was doing this in front of all of them. It seemed I wasn't the only speechless one because the room remained at a fierce level of silence, all eyes pinned on me.

*•*•*•*•
Keep commenting and voting guys, I love knowing what you think! Thanks for reading!<3