181 • Future Planning

"Hajime said you were 'wrestling' with Goldilocks." Though Kokonoi's definition of wrestling must've been altered because as Reina saw it, Inui was having a calm time rubbing Goldilocks's stomach with one hand while the other had just thrown a tennis ball. Noelle, the family's dalmatian, went off to chase after the ball. She crossed her arms at the sight, huffing slightly. "What a tame wrestling match."

"Koko and I think you shouldn't meddle with their relationship too much," replied the blond as he let Goldilocks crawl onto his lap so Reina could sit beside him. The artificial lake—pond—in front of them had clear water, and the sight of the fishes swimming there was beautiful in its own way. "I know you invited them here because some of them ended up dating your cousins in the other timeline, and we have no objections. But we think it's better to just let things happen. It's not like the world will end if Hiyori doesn't date Angry."

"So, you and Hajime worked together to lead me away from them?" That was cute of them, so Reina chuckled. She didn't think Inui and Kokonoi cared enough about other people's relationships like that. "Don't worry. I don't plan on dictating anybody's relationship."

"It's more than that." The summer breeze felt pleasant, and Inui closed his eyes. He reopened them when Goldilocks began to move, and Inui easily tossed a toy as far away as he could, letting the dog chase after it.

"What's more than that?"

Inui tilted his head to the side, glancing at Reina who was dipping her feet into the water. Since she had decided to go horseback riding, her hair was tied into a tight ponytail, and Inui wondered when he last saw her wearing a tank top and without any arm warmers.

Honestly, Inui was embarrassed to admit that he didn't realize how Reina's fashion seemed to have changed from long sleeves to tank tops since the Battle of the Legends. Or rather, Reina had been wearing more clothes without sleeves since he first met her in this timeline. However, she still wore long sleeves when she was a delinquent because she wanted to keep her identity a secret, and her skin color was quite recognizable.

She hadn't fully discarded the gloves though. Even without Reina telling him, he had a feeling that she was still afraid her trigger was somewhere out there, ready to rob her of the good future she had supposedly secured. So, even if she didn't wear gloves, she still wore short arm warmers or even fingerless gloves. Anything to make sure she didn't have to shake hands barehanded.

Inui hoped she would be comfortable enough to discard the gloves, or at least, wear them just for the sake of it.

Gloves aside, Inui was glad Reina's current body didn't have any scars. The scars she had in the other timeline didn't bother her, but she had always hidden them. So, seeing her wearing whatever she wanted now that she didn't have anything to hide reminded him that yes, they had succeeded.

Reina was happy and she was beginning to move forward. She could say whatever she wanted about this timeline and her being forced to become a time leaper, but Inui believed she was the best version of herself in this timeline.

"Rei, I personally don't care about the others," he admitted the truth he was sure she already knew. "I don't care if Kisaki ends up dating Tachibana, or if she still chose Hanagaki. I don't care if Toman and Tenjiku never get formed. I don't even care if Black Dragon was destroyed."

To him, they were none of his business. He had abandoned any lingering feelings towards them the second he decided to devote his everything to Reina. To him, they were no longer significant or sentimental. He hadn't lied when he told Reina he didn't care what happened to Black Dragon in this timeline as it was none of his business.

"But you care." But Reina considered them to be her business. "You care too much about them." She didn't have to go this far to ensure every good thing remained the same while every bad thing never happened, but she did.