96 • Fucking Finally

"May I ask why the fuck you have a crush on that blueberry pom-pom, of all people?"

"He's cute." Hiyori shrugged, snuggling into her pillow as if her crush wasn't that big of a deal. "Besides, you think you have the right to tease me, Lizzie? I've seen the way you look at that blondie."

"Fuyu's not a good choice." Slouched on the bean bag with one leg propped on her knee, Reina didn't lift her eyes from the book she was reading, flipping to the next page. "He's a good guy and would treat you nicely, but he's too loyal to Kei. You'll always be second to him."

"No, no. You guys aren't talking about the bigger problem," Elina cut in, waving her nail filer at the youngest in the room. "Lili's heart eyes at Reina's father-brother." She made a zipping motion when Liana opened her mouth. "Yeah, honey, you weren't slick with the fouettés and arabesques. The pirouettes were fine, but you were raising too much leg. Like, honey, you are thirteen. Don't show off your ass—"

"I wasn't!"

"Julian will have a heart attack, Lili."

Reina put her book down, raising an eyebrow at the blushing girl who was doing a poor job of hiding her blush with her auburn hair. "You have a crush on Aizen?" Her tone indicated Liana could do better, and she could. "I'm sure he didn't even glance at your ass. He's the type to prioritize his work over anything."

"Uh, he literally dived into a gang fight for you," Yuzuha reminded incredulously. "Reina, he was ready to die fighting your other brother for your honor. Give him some credit."

"And he's cute," Liana defended with a pout. "I mean, he's nice too, but his face is even nicer to look at."

"His face structure is literally like Rei's." Giggling, Emma bent over to color her toenails baby pink. "The first time I saw him in the hospital, I thought he was what Rei would've looked like if she had the same skin tone and eye color." She wiggled her eyebrows at Reina, grinning a bit too mischievously. "You two really got that from your daddy, huh?"

"Never say that again." Scowling, Reina rolled her eyes and returned to her book. "Since we're on the topic of boys, when are you planning to ask Kenny out?"

The youngest Sano blushed furiously, nearly dropping the nail polish had she not handed it over to Hinata. "Well, uh, he doesn't...he's not interested in—"

"Emma, my dear sister from another bitch of a mother." Reina's words made Elina choke on her own laughter. "You almost skipped to the 'death do us part' part without ever confessing. Just take your goddamn shot. It's getting annoying, for fuck's sake."

"It's not that easy!"

"It's actually that easy," piped in the eldest Shimura, shrugging when all eyes turned towards her. "What? We have enough flowers in the garden, a decent photographer, a chef who can cook five-star gourmets, and a band of sugar-high kids. What else do you need to ask someone out?"

"Confidence."

"Emma, love, it really ain't that complicated." Tossing her magazine behind her, Yukari let Hiyori paint a second coat on her nails. "You go up to him, give him the flowers, say, 'date me' like what Hiyori did. The end."

"If he refuses, just know we have poisonous plants in the locked greenhouse."

"Elina, no."

"Why do you even have poisonous plants?" Yuzuha had been asking that question since Akise pulled out a motherfucking hiking rope from his trunk and yes, Yuzuha wasn't ignorant to the suspicious-looking jar of dried somethings hidden under the toolbox in his car.

"Herbs."

That didn't really explain anything, but Yuzuha just shrugged it off, chalking it off as one of Hokkyokusei's business. She, after all, had something else to take care of.