165 • Domino

"Why would I go out of my way to ask Toman to celebrate your birthday when I can do better than them?" Izana sounded so offended that Reina snorted. "I'm serious, Reina. I can plan a better birthday celebration for you than just bringing you to some rundown shrine or cheap café."

"Yes, of course you can."

"I'm serious, Reina."

"I know, Zana."

Well, she supposed it didn't make sense for Izana to plan a surprise party. After all, he knew just how much she hated celebrating her birthday. However, she wondered if things were slowly beginning to change. Maybe she would be able to fully let the other timeline go after everything was over.

That was for the future though.

Placing the gas mask over her face, Reina lifted her hood up. As she watched the boys rounding up the corner, her lips tilted upwards behind her mask. She guessed she did have time to watch her brother tame South after all.

Izana had succeeded once, so he should be able to succeed again. Only, this time, Reina's eyes were functional enough to watch the entire fight, and she wouldn't be who the fight was centered on.

"Que eletrizante, Kurokawa Izana." Cracking his knuckles, South grinned at the two people seated on top of a pile of cargo boxes. He must admit that the name 'Kurokawa Izana' was infamous in juvie, so he didn't expect such a figure to willingly seek him out like this. "I heard you're looking for a fight."

"Ah, was that what they said?" Jabbing his thumb at the smiling Haitani brothers, Izana smiled so saccharinely that Reina raised an eyebrow. "If that's the case, then you're mistaken." Standing up, Izana hopped down, landing in front of South with practiced grace and his hands in his pockets.

"Because I asked them to bring me a new bitch."

"Pfft." Slapping a hand over the mask covering her mouth, Reina choked on her own laughter at Izana's quite unexpected words. She knew her brother had a sharp tongue, no doubt thanks to the people he spent time with, namely her and the Haitani brothers, but goddammit did Reina not expect that.

"Oh, my." Ran gasped dramatically, one hand placed over his chest while the other shook his brother. "Did Izana just make you laugh? Did you just laugh? Not the evil villain wannabe laugh or the cartoon witch old hag laugh, but a real laugh? Oh, my, Rindou. Yahata just laughed. The world is ending."

"Shut up, Ran."

"Yeah, shut up, Ran." Tilting his head, Izana flashed his sister a smile. "You can laugh, Yahata. This is my birthday gift for you."

Despite being insulted, South looked as unbothered as ever. Well, he was grinning even wider, so Reina didn't know whether that was his default expression, or he had some sort of degradation kink, and she really didn't want to find out. The South in the other timeline was nothing but a pebble in her path, and Reina had turned him into dust.

"I've heard about Kurokawa Izana, but I thought Yahata was a myth." South grinned impossibly wider. "It must be my lucky day since I get to beat two legends at once—"

South's head met the ground with a bang, and Izana gritted his teeth as he forced South's head down. "Glad to know that you still consider yourself a top dog, you fucking piece of shit." He smiled brightly, though anybody could tell it was everything but kind. "You're saving me a lot of trouble."

Well, unlike her, South only wanted to be the top. He couldn't care less about the people he trampled on or the people who resented him. He only cared about standing at the top. Reina cared more about unification than simply the top position. Thus, she gathered people who she could use to plant loyalty and not just fear. But in order to unite everything, one must be at the top, and that was why they clashed.