05 • Dates and Buddies

Reina honestly didn't know how she ended up in this situation.

Her soul felt like it had escaped her body when Baji fucking Keisuke and his obedient servant slash vice-captain barged into her house while she was reading over some documents Anggita had sent her. Next thing she knew, Baji was screaming at her because the stupid duo of the first division had read a fucking Spanish dictionary and concluded that she had played a prank on them, which wasn't wrong. So, of course, Baji just had to challenge her to fight.

His demands didn't make sense, but whatever.

So, here they were, on the rooftop of her house, matching black hair blown wildly by the wind. Chifuyu and Mirai were standing at the sideline, watching as Baji tied his hair into a ponytail. Reina found it hilarious how they were seriously about to fight when they had just spent the last two minutes pushing the laundry away together so the roof was clear.

Not to mention, they didn't simply push the laundry away, they fucking folded everything. It was rather disastrous because Reina hadn't cleared all the girly things in her closet, so she had to wrestle Baji and have Marseille hiss at him to make sure the captain of the first division would not enter her closet. Reina made a mental note to rearrange her closet once she beat Baji black and blue.

"If I win, you're teaching me how to curse in all the languages you know!"

"Does your brain even have the capacity for that?"

Without warning, Baji lunged at Nagarei, swinging his leg upwards and connecting his knee with the side of Nagarei's arm. In response, Nagarei grabbed his leg and pushed it until his knee slammed against his own face.

"Son of a bitch!"

"Wow! For once, you're absolutely right!"

Lunging at Baji faster than he could see, Reina took advantage of his shock to perform an aerial kick to his face. She made sure to keep her cool, not wanting to lose control and end up thrashing her own house or murdering someone on her fucking roof. But when she saw Baji smirking as he blocked her kick, she knew she would need to tighten the leash.

Fortunately, Akise did tell her to exercise more.

"Hah! What happened to the you from that night?" Baji swiped his leg, but Reina hopped over it, swinging her own leg to sink her foot into his side. Baji blocked the kick but was still sent skidding to the railings. His grin grew even wider as his hair unfurled from its ponytail. "Now that's more like it."

"Shut it, jellyfish." Reina somersaulted and would've landed on Baji's face had the boy not moved out of the way. Her feet touched the floor with a tap, skidding against the stone tiles as she immediately made a sharp turn.

Baji blocked the kick aimed at his neck, sliding a few steps away. "Just so you know, I don't have a fucking clue why you're calling me a jellyfish." He was fairly sure that Nagarei was insulting him, but his insults didn't make sense. "I don't even look like one."

"You have no brains." Reina blocked the kick from connecting with her chest, sliding away despite her efforts to remain rooted in place, probably because the tiles were smooth. She recovered instantly, lunging forward to grab Baji's arm and twist it.

Baji kneed the boy before he could fully twist his arm, but an elbow connected with his nose at the same time his knee connected with Nagarei's side. The black-haired duo stood with a few feet of distance between them, scrapes and bruises starting to form on their skins.

"Not bad." Baji wiped his dirty face with his sleeve, a toothy grin plastered across his face. "Then again, you did give us a hard time back then."

"I wiped the shrine clean with your blood."