175 • Battle of the Legends #4

"Hey, don't you think Yahata looks...I dunno, familiar?"

"Hm?" Yuzuha tilted her head to give Emma a questioning look. Then, she turned her head back to look back to the masked enigma—her hero—who was hopping to another car on the higher part of the pile. "Well, he's familiar because I've met him before. But I dunno why you would consider him familiar."

"I dunno, he just gives off...familiarity." Emma waved her hands vaguely as if that would explain anything. "It's like I know him, but that just doesn't make sense because I...don't...know him?"

"I get it." Aizen suddenly snapped his fingers. "It's the way he walks."

"Huh?"

"The way he walks. Take a good look at it." Aizen pointed his finger in Yahata's direction. "When I was a kid, I was scared to look at adults, so I ended up looking at their feet. I realized that people walk differently. If you pay close attention, Yahata walks heavily on his toes." True to Aizen's words, the girls observed how the front edge of Yahata's boots would always touch the surface of the ground—or car—first.

"Wow, you're pretty observant, Aizen-kun."

"You walk on your heels, Hina."

"Wait, I do?"

"It's weird that we're suddenly discussing how someone walks." Emma snickered, slapping Aizen's shoulder when he told her she walked on the side of her feet. "But what does Yahata's way of walking have anything to do with him being familiar? Many people walk the same way."

"You can guess what someone's feeling from the way they walk, you know," Aizen said, much to their confusion. "I mean, Emma, you drag your feet and stomp extra hard whenever Draken ignores your flirting attempt—ow!"

Emma huffed, shaking her hand as Aizen whined about the light slap she gave his shoulder. Hinata and Yuzuha snickered at their interaction, and Emma threw her hair behind her shoulder. "I'm serious though. Yahata is very very very familiar, and it's not the way he walks."

"It's the way he acts," Yuzuha said helpfully, earning hums from her companions. "Now that I think about it, why were we invited to watch this and not...y'know, a certain sassy smartass who would definitely be making weird commentaries if she was here?"

As if realization finally dawned on the other three, they whipped their heads left and right as if Reina would magically appear out of thin air. It was weird considering Reina had invited them to watch this fight and not be there to watch them. As far as they knew, Reina wouldn't miss a fight this huge, especially not when it involved her brother's gang.

Unless, of course, Reina was in the fight.

In, as in, in as a fighter, not a spectator.

"Holy shit." Aizen covered his mouth as his eyes went wide in realization. "Who else would play fucking uno in the middle of a fight like this?"

"Oh my god." Emma actually gasped because what the hell? This was not what she expected. "Didn't she, I dunno, sell information about Tenjiku and Black Dragon to Toman and vice versa? And she's, what? You're saying she's Yahata, the leader of Black Dragon? What is going on right now?"

"I think we're getting ahead of ourselves." Despite her words, Hinata's laugh was very strained and confused. "I'm sure there's a very logical reason behind...whatever is happening."

"Yeah." Yuzuha smirked, now watching the fight with renewed interest. "Very looking forward to it."

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

"Well, doesn't this look fun."

Ran glanced up to the source of the voice, rolling his eyes as he leaned on his feet and pressed his baton against his shoulder. "Your definition of fun is kinda fucked up, don't you agree?"