38 • Confession

Back in the past, Reina was confessing.

"What will you say if I tell you I'm actually a girl pretending to be a boy?"

"Oh, uh, um, well," Chifuyu stammered, taking a seat across from Nagarei while giving Mirai a look the redhead was doing a very bad job ignoring. "Good afternoon to you too, I guess?"

"No, but what will you say if I'm actually a girl?"

"Congratulations?"

"Why are you congratulating me?"

"Why are you suddenly becoming a girl?"

"I've always been a girl!"

"Well, okay, congrats!"

Mirai couldn't help but cackle and roll down to the floor when Chifuyu still looked confused, and Reina wondered whether she made the wrong decision in trusting Chifuyu. The boy was an idiot who acted like he was the reincarnation of Albert Einstein. Then again, Chifuyu was at least less of a scumbag than Einstein was, so she would turn a blind eye to his idiocy. Plus, this was probably the most entertaining thing Mirai could witness for the next few weeks.

"Chifuyu, why are you an idiot?"

"I'm not!"

Reina was wondering whether she should just strip to her underwear or something, anything just to get this over with because she had never thought she would be willingly spilling her secret to her friend. It wasn't like she particularly cared, and she was still wearing her binder. Plus, she was sure Chifuyu would be too embarrassed to even look at her.

"Give me a minute." Deciding it was the easiest way to get things over with, Reina went into her closet and took off her shirt and binder. She slipped on a sports bra that did nothing to support her breasts but was the easiest bra to put on. She could've just unzipped her binder, but it was more to the mental preparation she could get in the closet that she sought after.

Taking a deep breath, she steeled her nerves before stepping outside. "Does this explain enough?" Chifuyu's eyes went wide, seemingly frozen with his mouth hung agape. Clearing her throat, she placed a hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow. "Do I need to take my pants off, Chifuyu?"

"Holy shit! You're a girl!"

"That's what I've been trying to fuckin' tell ya!"

"Wait! So, you're actually a girl? Like girl girl girl?"

"I am biologically, mentally, and birthfully a girl, yes...actually, I don't mind being a boy, but yeah, I'm a girl."

"So...you're a girl girl girl girl?"

Maybe trusting Chifuyu not to fuck up was like trusting her not to kill someone while giving her a gun.

A complete mistake.

Chifuyu continued to stare for a few more seconds before seemingly realizing that it was rude of him, and looked away. Reina took that as a sign to slip on her bathrobe and sat back down on the couch across from him.

"So, uh...wait, is your name really Nagarei?"

"Huh. I guess you're not that hopeless." She snorted, snickering at Chifuyu's affronted face. "But to answer your question, my real real real, true, no lies, completely legal name is Hokusei Reina. I suppose I should say it's finally nice to meet you?"

Chifuyu narrowed his eyes. "I thought Hokusei Reina is your twin sister?"

"That was a lie. The only sister I know I have is Mirai," Reina said dismissively as if she had not just dumped a bomb on his head. "I was Reina until, like, a year or two ago when Harui nearly died and Mirai got kidnapped by Hokkyokusei's enemies." It was truly the most horrible night of her life, but Reina easily shrugged. "I decided that it would be easier to protect both of them if I split Hokkyokusei up and hid Mirai, thus my identity as Tosei Nagarei."