166 • Breadcrumbs

There were many things that needed to be done.

"Grow Black Dragon," she ordered Taiju with a big smile. "In eight months, I'll make everything end. That's why, in the meantime, grow Black Dragon until it has a spot as one of the three legends in my upcoming act."

Lifting an eyebrow, Taiju scoffed. "I thought you were gonna change your plans, but I see you're still setting Black Dragon up for failure."

"Is that how I sound like?" Standing up, Reina pulled her hands behind her back and smiled down at the older boy. "Taiju, Black Dragon is yours," she stated, still smiling sharply. "At the end of the day, the only one who can determine its victory is you. I am simply offering you and Black Dragon a spot as one of the greatest."

Straightening up, she stepped past Taiju. "Black Dragon is precious to me even if it isn't mine." Because it was once hers, and as much as she had failed, she still managed to fulfill her promise to them. "That's why I asked Seishu and Hajime to help you." Because they, too, were precious to her, and to Black Dragon.

As she reached the front door of his house, Reina tilted her head back and smirked at the boy who still had his back facing her. "Both victory and defeat are in your hands, Taiju, not mine," she told him the truth because she had decided she didn't care which gang came out at the top as long as all the strings were in her grasp.

"What I want is a definite ending, not defeat."

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

Well, Taiju hated losing, and he didn't like her very much, so he would do his best to make Black Dragon win just to spite her. Since it would work out in her favor, Reina let him do as he pleased. She wasn't lying when she said Black Dragon was his. Yahata may be the commander, but Reina had given Taiju full authority, so it became his gang.

"Hokusei Reina isn't that popular in the delinquent world, right?"

"Hm?" Raising an eyebrow at the girl, Kokonoi sighed because he just knew whatever she was planning would damage her health. "If I tell you Inupi and I can help you without jeopardizing the surprise, will you sleep at least six hours a night and eat at least two three-course meals a day?"

"I do sleep and eat."

"You really don't, Reina." Inui, the absolute traitor, looked at her like how a parent would scold their child. "And here I thought your eyebags when you led Ryujin were bad. Shinichiro-kun even asked me if Akise-san has ever recommended sleeping medications for you."

"Shin-nii is stupid. He should know that I can only sleep for three consecutive hours because I take meds."

"That's not something you should be proud of, Reina." Kokonoi deadpanned. Then again, Reina's mind was still that of the Reina from the other timeline, so all the unpleasant memories and emotions lingered within her. But even if that was the case, Kokonoi feared Reina's current body couldn't keep up with her mind, and would end up breaking. "I'm serious. We can help, so take care of yourself."

"You're so sweet, Hajime." Ignoring his protests, Reina reached out to ruffle his hair, her other hand doing the same to Inui. "I'm sorry you two had to follow someone like me in both timelines, but please bear with me a bit more."

"There's nothing for us to 'bear with', Rei."

Hearing Inui, Reina somewhat regretted not asking Takemichi how they were faring in the future. She knew they were miserable—that was a given to anybody who followed her—but did she at least appreciate them? Did they even live that far into the future with how seemingly unstable Takemichi painted her to be?