58 • Trial of Expulsion

"The first meeting of the year for all members of the Tokyo Manji Gang will now begin!"

Boys in black uniforms lined up neatly as Draken announced the beginning of the meeting. All murmurs died down, everyone eager to know what had actually happened during Christmas.

"Toman and Black Dragon faced each other in conflict," Draken stated the general information. "We originally had a peace agreement, but that failed. It was caused by discord between the brothers, Shiba Hakkai and Shiba Taiju, as well as the fact that Black Dragon attacked and kidnapped Hokusei Nagarei because he happened to be friends with us. As a result, Toman clashed with Black Dragon on Christmas."

Averting his gaze to the back of the crowd, Draken internally clicked his tongue, maintaining his attention on his own gang. "The one who beat Taiju and Black Dragon wasn't Toman, it was Rei." The rumors surrounding the Christmas Conflict had gotten so out of hand that nobody knew what the truth was, and that was troublesome. "He managed to free himself and fought the Black Dragons, and due to his previous affiliations with us, his victory was considered Toman's."

To be honest, Draken did not fucking believe the shit Black Dragon put Nagarei through, nor did he believe that Nagarei managed to free himself. Setting aside the fact that it was just too brutal, it was also something that came straight out of an action movie. Sue him for being doubtful. However, it only took ten seconds of watching Nagarei pick a lock with the necklace he lent Chifuyu to realize that yes, Nagarei did free himself. If that wasn't badass as fuck, then Draken didn't know what was.

But the crow had exploded into murmurs, and Draken needed them to shut up. So, he quieted with a single yell. "Four people here will discuss this matter with everyone!" He and Mikey shared one sharp nod before calling the first person forward. "The first person! Shiba Hakkai! To the front!"

Hakkai stepped forward, standing at the foot of the stairs. "This whole conflict started because of a stupid lie I told. To keep that little lie up, I dragged my family and Toman into it. Then, the problem grew, resulting in the conflict between Toman and Black Dragon." Hakkai clenched his fists, taking a deep breath. "I'm responsible for all this." He bowed ninety degrees, hands clasped behind his back. "I'm sorry."

The crowd murmured amongst themselves, though it was soon cut short by none other than Mucho. "Don't worry 'bout it, Hakkai. What sparks conflict in the first place is always something small anyway!"

"Yep. Yep." Nahoya nodded. "Besides, Rei beat the Black Dragons, so things ended up fine! Right, guys?"

"Yeah, Hakkai!"

"Raise your head, Hakkai!"

"No one's gonna blame ya!"

"Hakkai!" Mitsuya yelled, a huge grin on his face. "You've still got a place with us as the vice-captain of Tokyo Manji Gang's second division!" He turned to look at the crowd. "You guys cool with that?!"

Shouts of affirmation and of Hakkai's name rang in the air. Draken huffed with a smile. He wondered if Nagarei had a hand in this nice turn of events. "The second person! Black Dragon! To the front!"

Inui stepped forward, Kokonoi following behind him. "Inui Seishu, from the eleventh generation of Black Dragon."

"Kokonoi Hajime, from the same gang." Kokonoi didn't let the chattering crowd continue for long. "The tenth generation Black Dragon lost to Nagarei, not Toman. Our former leader, Shiba Taiju, has retired. In the wake of our defeat, we've decided to work under Hokusei Nagarei."

"What the fuck?!"

"Pipe down, Baji!"

"Rei decided Black Dragon will remain independent, so we won't be joining under Toman," Inui continued after Draken shut the captain of the first division up, wondering why these boys were behaving so unorderly. "Unfortunately, our president cannot attend today's meeting due to an urgent matter, but he has given us carte blanche to deliver this news."