161 • Dear Cousins

Many things had changed in just a year.

For starters, Reina had become a middle-schooler. She went to the same middle school as Kazutora, which was also the same middle school as Takemichi and Hinata. She had never spoken a word to Takemichi thus far though, and she planned on keeping it that way.

Despite that, Takemichi was quite an attention-grabber. Even though he was one of the founders of a well-known gang, he wasn't the strongest when it came to fighting. During the entrance ceremony, he got into a fight with Sendo Atsushi, or Akkun, who thought Takemichi was glaring at him when Takemichi was, in fact, glaring at Kazutora who was playing hooky because he wanted to see her.

Anyway, it was good to know that the Mizo Middle Five would still be formed, never mind the fact that the only functional one was Akkun. Well, Takuya was also functional, but he wasn't the sternest of the lot. Though Kazutora said it was just a group of ragtag bastards, and he would pretend he didn't know Takemichi.

Another development was her friendship with Hinata since they shared the same class in their first year. Apparently, despite her short time in cram school, Hinata still remembered her as the smartest kid in their year. Upon their friendship, Reina decided to dip her hands in making her friendship with Emma and Aizen happen sooner than it originally had.

Needless to say, they got along just as well as they did in the other timeline, if not more. However, Reina did tell Hinata to not think too much about the family dynamics because even she would admit it was confusing.

Their friendship also meant that Reina was the one girl friend (with a space) Hinata and Emma always went to whenever they wanted to ramble about their unrequited crushes. She did not sign up for that, but she sneered and listened to them anyway.

"So, y'know." Emma sighed, waving around her little strawberry-clad fork. "I just don't understand why he won't look at me. I mean, he comes over to our house like, every single morning. But it's always to wake Mikey up like he's his mother!"

"Man, I wish someone would wake me up every morning." Aizen sighed back, leaning his cheek against his knuckles as he sipped whatever was on the menu of today's tea party—apple and jasmine tea. "Mom made a strict rule that I'm old enough to wake up on my own, so nobody, not even the butler or the maids, much less my own dad, will wake me up. If I'm late, then that's on me."

"Not really the topic I was looking for, but okay."

"Well, we are already middle schoolers, so we should be able to wake up on our own and manage our own schedule." Hinata nodded as she picked a cookie from the plate in the middle of the table. "But yes, going back to Emma-chan's topic, I don't think boys are that...tactful? I mean, Takemichi-kun doesn't even notice me and I know many people have been spreading rumors about my crush on him."

"Don't worry. I'm sure both Kenny and Takemitchy will love you two." Of course they would. Takemichi had literally gone back and forth in time for Hinata, and Draken had stained his hands in the darkest crimson belonging to the world that took Emma from him. "If only you two would stop whining and just fucking confess."

"Rude!"

Both girls whined in sync, and Reina rolled her eyes. Aizen seemed to be on her side because he snickered. Taking a piece of cookie, he waved it at the two girls. "I mean, she's not wrong, y'know. I don't even pay attention to the girls at my school, and no, I don't read the cards they put into my locker on Valentine. I take the chocolate and throw the cards away."

"You what?" Emma gasped, absolutely horrified. "Those girls put their heart into those chocolates, and you didn't even read their letters?"

"I don't read my White Day letters either."