150 • Two Sides

Never underestimate Victoire Marseille.

"Now, kiddo." The officer uniform Victoire got from who-knows-where fit her so much like a glove that Reina could only deadpan. "Since I'm gonna be busy distract—ahem, talking to the officers, you'll have around fifteen to twenty minutes to sneak in, chat, sneak out. We good?"

"Yes." It was a shame Japanese juvenile centers didn't allow physical contact between visitors and inmates. Otherwise, she wouldn't have resorted to this. "Isn't impersonating a foreign government official dangerous though?"

"Baby, that's what the disguise is for." Disguise, as in the face-altering makeup, wig, and contact lenses. "If they complain based on descriptions alone, my looks will match the identity I stole. This is also why you need to sneak in and not follow me, so if I get caught, your name will still be clean."

Well, there Victoire was, already doing her job of inviting the officers to a drink inside, leaving the inmates out in the field doing who-knows-what. Then again, she supposed the prospect of a free meal with a beautiful woman who was supposed to be their higher-up was too good to ignore.

"Did they really shave you bald?"

Ran choked on his own spit, followed by Rindou, because what the actual fuck? He rubbed his eyes, looked at Rindou, then at the hooded girl hidden in the shadows between the fence and the building, rubbed his eyes again, and blinked.

"Oh, hi." He beamed because nothing could faze him anymore. Sauntering towards the crouching girl, he tilted his head to the side, ignoring the many eyes looking at him. "Were you the one who drove all the watchdogs away?"

"Hmm...let's just say yes." Nodding, Reina stood up and dusted herself. Pulling her hoodie to further cover her face because she didn't want to wear her attention-seeking cloak, Reina offered the brothers a smile. "I must say...you look very ugly, Ran."

Gasping, Ran clutched his chest as if he had been stabbed, while Rindou scoffed with a roll of his eyes. "Not true!" He whined like the dramatic bitch he was. "Every single part and version of me is beautiful! Without exception!"

"Beautifully deformed," retorted the younger Haitani, sneering at his brother before turning to raise an eyebrow at the girl in the shadows. "You can always make fun of Nii-chan the normal way. I doubt you're doing something this dramatic just to say hi, so spit it out."

"Betrayed! By my own brother!"

"I'm surprised you're not blaming me for getting arrested."

"Reina, darling, stupidest sister from another cunt of two parents." Ran smiled sweetly, stopping his whining to pinch and pull her cheeks. "Your dumb ass really thought we wouldn't realize that if you wanted us arrested, you wouldn't have asked that stupid this or that question? Or even stop us from murdering that fucker? How can you be so dumb and smart at the same time, hm?"

"Ow, ow, ow! Lemme go." Using the chance given to her, Reina grabbed Ran's hands, pulling them off her face. Gauging Ran's expression, she furrowed her eyebrows when nothing visibly changed. Inui and Kokonoi said the memories appeared instantly. Was that not the case for Ran?

"Ran, who am I?"

"Huh? What kinda question is that?" He rolled his eyes, ruffling her hair. "You're our sister from another bitch set of parents—ah, you're also Yahata, right?"

"Yeah, I am." Smiling stiffly, Reina pulled something out of her pocket before surging forward, clasping Rindou's hands in hers. "Read that later, kay? I'll come to visit you again. Oh, or do you want me to bail you out?"

Shoving the letter into his pocket without thinking twice, Rindou shared a look with Rain before turning to raise an eyebrow at her. "Look, we can tell you want us to do something here, so spit it out."