170 • Puzzle Pieces #4

Well, a fight was also something she had expected out of Nahoya. The boy really wasn't the type to hold back even if he was fighting against a girl, and that was why he was cute.

"If I beat you, I want a full set of information."

"Oh?" Placing her hand over her grinning lips, Reina took a step closer to the older twin. "That's a big demand, captain of Toman's sixth division." Tilting her head to the side, Reina grabbed his chin and pulled his face closer until their noses almost touched, and her grin widened even more when Nahoya barely reacted. "I beat your commander, y'know. Where did all that confidence come from?"

"I ain't got nothing to lose even if I lose."

Which was honestly valid because he already got three pieces. "How are you so sure you'll win? I thought nobody tells you how much information they each got."

"Damn, you even know about that?" Whistling, Nahoya pulled himself away from her and shrugged. "Well, you're an informant, aren't you? You should know why I'm sure I won't lose that game."

Humming, Reina tilted her head to the side. She spotted South snoring away with a pair of headphones plugging his ears above her, most likely awake and listening. Then, her gaze drifted to the side, finding Mochi and Shion watching her interaction with their enemies with interest. Mucho was still scowling at her, and there were the Haitani brothers who were looking at her as if she were an actor in a theatre play. Kakucho looked at her impassively, not a hint of his thoughts peeking through. Lastly, Izana had amusement written all over his face.

"Ah." How smart of him, and Reina grinned wider. "I'm not shallow enough to give out free information, so tell me what you can give me if you lose the fight. Otherwise, I can't guarantee you'll take it seriously."

"A payment for a payment? Nyx's greed sure knows no bounds."

"Well, what can I say?" Reina shrugged, brushing her hair behind her shoulders again. "A witch takes more than they give."

She wondered if that was true though. In all the stories she read to Mirai, the witch demanded a high price the other party agreed to but chose to back down after realizing how heavy it was. That, or they tricked the other party into paying the price by not stating the price beforehand. To be honest, Reina didn't find anything wrong with that. If the hero was right for tricking the witch into nullifying the previous deal, then the witch was also right for tricking people into making disadvantageous deals.

Between tricking or being tricked, Reina chose the former.

"I'll accept your challenge, a fight wagering one full set of information." Clapping her hands, her eyes narrowed as she grinned a bit sharper. "On the condition that I want it to be two versus one."

"Hah?" Clearly, Nahoya wasn't pleased, and he was even less pleased by the laughter that echoed in the warehouse, courtesy of one Terano South and the Haitani brothers. "You sure are cocky, aren'tcha?"

"Vivo!" South roared above them, yanking his headphones off. "You always decline a fight against me, but you'll fight them!? I'm curious to see how strong they are!"

"It's been a while since we last saw Reina fight, right, Rindou?"

"When even was the last time she fought? Against South?"

"That shouldn't count," Izana replied, still with that eerie smile of his plastered across his face, as if this whole situation was an amusing scene of a play. "I was the one who beat South. All Reina did was kick him down and force him to work for us."

"Not gonna lie, that was hot."

"Nii-chan, ew, that's our illegitimate sister."

"Illegitimate what now?" Souya blinked, momentarily disregarding the growing tension between his brother and Reina in favor of whatever the fuck the Haitani brothers just said. The Haitani brothers were known to be a pair, not a trio, and Nyx was known to be Izana's little sister.