70 • Check

True to their speculations, Toman and Black Dragon ended up working together to fight Tenjiku. As they had planned, Takemichi immediately went to Hinata's house to shake hands with Naoto and return to the future.

Upon returning to 2018, he immediately searched for Naoto and explained everything that had happened. Needless to say, Naoto only has one solution.

"If Kisaki's truly a time leaper, then we have to kill him."

"Huh?"

"If it's too much, Hokusei Reina can do the killing."

"No, no, no, no, Naoto. No way. No."

"I'm just joking."

"Naoto! Can't you read the situation?!"

Takemichi seriously thought Naoto was serious, and Naoto's impassive face did not help convince him otherwise. But it was true that no matter how dire the future was, Takemichi didn't want to kill Kisaki, nor did he want anybody else to kill Kisaki. If someone killed Kisaki, then they wouldn't be any different from the future version of themselves who he wanted to save so badly. So, Takemichi needed to stop Kisaki without killing him.

"But something doesn't add up, Takemichi-kun." Naoto slammed the whiteboard filled with pictures and scribbles. "Twelve years ago, Kisaki used 'Tenjiku' to take over Toman. But in this timeline, the name 'Tenjiku' wasn't even known to the police. Plus, Kisaki and Sano Manjiro died twelve years ago. Hokusei Reina, who died recently, was the current boss of Toman."

"Huh? Well, Kazutora-kun said that maybe Kisaki's plan was to kill Rei, but it backfired and killed Mikey-kun instead, so...huh?" Takemichi widened his eyes when he read the name scribbled under a picture of a man with platinum hair. "Kurokawa Izana? Ah! Who is that? Who's Kurokawa Izana?"

"Huh? Aah...he's Toman's number two," answered the detective. "If I'm not mistaken, he was the Black Dragon's captain."

"What?!" Takemichi gaped. "That can't be! The Black Dragon's captain is Rei! Besides, Kurokawa Izana was Tenjiku's leader! It doesn't make sense for him to be the Black Dragon's." Takemichi didn't think Black Dragon would change leaders so easily. "Unless something happened to Rei."

"Tenjiku's leader?" Something wasn't adding up and Naoto had a feeling the late Hokusei Reina must've erased and altered some stuff to make Toman more untraceable. "I'll investigate Kurokawa Izana through the police network right away. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to contact Hokusei Harui, Hokusei Mirai, and Suou Aizen since last time. But I'll try setting up a meeting with them."

Naoto doubted they would be willing to meet Takemichi though. After all, they knew that Takemichi was a time leaper, and a time leaper had betrayed their sister's trust. They also knew that Naoto was the one who pulled the trigger that killed Hokusei Reina. No amount of sugarcoating would change that fact.

"Ah, okay." Takemichi nodded. "I'll also investigate things by myself in the meantime."

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

When the door opened, the first thing he felt was coldness. A numbing coldness that pierced deep into his bones and rushed through his veins. Blank eyes stared at the woman on the glass bed. Though 'bed' was the wrong word to use since it was just a thick block of glass with her lying on top of it.

Her hands were interlaced on her stomach. Various chess pieces made of glass were placed around her head, decorating her like a crown. Her blonde hair was spread on the glass. Her dark skin, which had long lost its glow, looked more and more ashen with each passing day. Her expression wasn't even relaxed despite the smile he had forced her mouth to curve into.