72 • Spilled Secrets

"What happened? Who did this to you?" Inui Seishu had never killed someone before, but he sure as hell would because whoever had the fucking audacity to make his leader cry was meeting their creator in the worst way possible.

Groaning because he was sure he fell harder than Reina—even though she was the one who ran into him—Kokonoi checked his phone for the time. "Which bastard hurt you so early in the goddamn morning?"

"Ugh...do you have to always think I got dumped every time I cry?" Still sniffling, Reina half-heartedly glared at her advisor, her mind being in too much mess to even feel insulted or amused by his attempts to cheer her up. "The fuck are you two out so early for?"

"We just got back." Inui didn't need to specify what they had just gotten back from, Reina already knew. He placed his coat on her shoulders, steering her forward. "Was about to rest a bit before meeting you, but I guess something happened to you too."

"Couldn't find anything useful. They're being too damn discreet for a bunch of delinquents." If talking about delinquent business would divert her attention from the whole 'Takemitchy is a time leaper' mess in her mind, then Reina would gladly discuss the topic.

"Aside from Mucho being part of S62, got arrested around the same time as the other heavenly kings, and is secretly meeting up with Izana, nothing useful on our end either." Kokonoi clicked his tongue, also irritated at how tight-lipped Tenjiku was being with their plans. "Does this mean Mucho will betray Toman?"

"Most likely." Reina recognized the place the two stopped at. It was the place where she received her bike, though she would've never expected it to be their hideout. At least, she didn't expect them to trust her enough to show her this. "Toman will be down to around fifty if all the fifth division betrays them. Also, what is this place?"

"Shinichiro-kun's bike shop, though it was abandoned after his death." Inui smiled sadly. "Koko and I use it as our hideout, so you can make yourself comfortable."

The hideout was, unsurprisingly, comfortable. It wasn't lavish, but it was clean and had the basic furniture, and even a TV with some video games. Taking a seat on an armchair, one that had gone soft and comfortable from being used, Reina tilted her head back and pressed her arm against her eyes, feeling the headache from her crying session beginning to make its presence.

"You need some ice, Prez." Kokonoi pressed a bag of ice to her cheek, slamming the mini fridge shut with his leg. "Need some tissues too? Chocolate or snacks maybe? Wanna watch some rom-com?"

"Don't treat me like I just got dumped." Still, Reina took the ice and pressed it against her eyes, sighing in relief. "I did not get dumped. I just...heard some unsettling shit."

"You gonna tell us about it?"

Resisting the urge to snap back because Reina could tell Inui was genuinely worried, she adjusted the ice pack so it balanced over her eyes, contemplating whether she wanted to be seen as some crazy bitch or as a kid who couldn't differentiate fantasy from reality.

Seriously, fuck it.

"Do you believe in time travel?" Her question was met with exclamations of confusion, and she snorted. "Crazy, right? That's what I thought too when Ryou told Father he came from the future. That was...the first time I heard about the existence of time leapers...also the first time I saw someone prove their existence."

Exchanging looks, Inui and Kokonoi knew Reina wouldn't be saying bullshit just for the sake of it, especially in this kind of situation. Either she was telling the truth, no matter how absurd it sounded, or this was some kind of coded message.

Only, why would she need to give them codes within the walls of their secret hideout?

"I can sense the disbelief." Snorting again, Reina moved the ice pack so she could look at them. "I suppose it is hard to believe. Please ignore whatever I just said—"