47 • Sowing

Entering a private booth of some fancy restaurant, the six boys took a seat on the sofa. A guy with a scar on the corner of his right eye sat on the other end. Kisaki turned to look at the guy. "You got what we want?"

"Yeah, but make sure nobody knows about this." Sweat trickled down the mole's temple. "Because if this gets out, I'm as good as dead."

"Don't worry. Nobody here's gonna rat you out," Kisaki answered lazily and slid an envelope full of money to the mole. "So, what do you know about Taiju's movements?"

"Taiju's movement?"

"Yeah," Kisaki answered without turning to look at Chifuyu. "If you wanna beat Black Dragon, you gotta know about them first, don't ya think? What he does on a typical day. Where he is. What he's doing. What time. How many people. Even his workout routine and his most loyal soldiers. That way, we'll have a general idea of who we're dealing with. After all, information is power as much as words are weapons. Surely, Rei taught you that, right?"

Baji twitched ever so slightly, glaring at Kisaki from his peripheral vision. Hold it in. For Rei, for the sake of getting this bastard kicked out, hold it in. "So, what can this guy give?"

"I'm one of the boss's assistants, so I'm familiar with most of that—"

Before the guy could speak, the door creaked open revealing Kokonoi in all his smug glory. "What's this? What's this? Smells like a rat in here."

"The fuck? We're busted already?" Baji scoffed as if he expected it. Then again, he didn't have much expectation to begin with.

"Aw, man. What a shame." However, Hanma's tone did not match his words. If anything, he sounded amused.

"Our last rat had it real bad, you know," Kokonoi drawled, glaring at the mole. "Couldn't take the heat...I think he killed himself?"

"You...you got it wrong, Koko-kun. I was just—"

"It's torture for you!" Kokonoi grinned, turning to look at two of his underlings. "Oi, get this shitstain outta here."

Then, as if they were in some dramatic yet cliché action movie, the mole was quite literally dragged out of the booth. Kazutora watched the entire thing as it was, a cheap action movie. He slurped his drink rather loudly, not giving a single fuck because he was sure he could take this lizard-looking boy and win in a fistfight.

"Now." Kokonoi turned to look at the boys in black uniforms, his tongue sticking out while a vein was visible on his forehead. "How to deal with the rest of you? The boss doesn't really give a shit, so killing you should be fine."

Kazutora scoffed. He doubted this fucker with perfectly filed nails had thrown a punch, much less held a knife or a gun like Reina. Yeah, Kazutora was sure he could take Kokonoi on in a fistfight right then and there, and win without much difficulty.

"We're not here to fight." Kisaki, the absolute fucker, held up the envelope of money, intervening before things could get heated. "How about we negotiate?"

Kokonoi barked out a laugh, swiping the envelope to examine the money. "You sold your little friend out for cash and offered me cash to bribe me into selling my own boss. I guess I should expect nothing less." Tucking the money into his pocket, the Black Dragon captain nodded. "A hundred thousand...yeah, sure." He shrugged dismissively as he stuck his tongue out. "I'll tell you bastards what you wanna know."

Kazutora narrowed his eyes, sharing a meaningful look with Baji. Judging from the glance Chifuyu gave them, the three of them shared the same question. Who is the 'friend' that Kisaki sold off? Was it Rei? Considering the situation, it was most definitely Reina. If so, how and what did he sell? What proof can we use to convince everyone Kisaki had Rei kidnapped?