Mothra

"What happened?" Ms Morgan demanded.

"We've no idea. She was sleeping like a baby until an hour ago, and then boom! Her radiation levels went through the roof. Almost like something triggered it."

"Thanks Chase. You know I can take it from here. Why don't you get some rest?"

"No way. Sleep or no sleep, I'm not missing this."

As Kendall and Chase continued to converse, Shelby stopped to admire a carving in the walls. Despite being covered in vines and moss, it was beautifully preserved and depicted an enormous moth with large circular symbols near the edges of its wings. On either side of the moth was a larvae-like creature, presumably its spawn or perhaps simply its first form.

Walking up to it, Shelby could almost feel a primal energy emanating from the stone. Glancing to the side at scientists taking photos, she waited until they turned away and reached out to touch her hand to the stone.

"... It's warm," she whispered.

A small tremor snapped her back to reality, and she dashed to catch up to Ms Morgan and Chase.

Once on containment observation platform, Shelby dropped her bag and walked to the glass wall separating her from the chamber where a giant plant-like ovular sphere sat surrounded by lights and containment barriers. Within the spherical mass pulsed a blue light, accompanied by a soft, undulating sound almost like a massive heartbeat.

"Sedatives?" Shelby asked.

"No effect. This thing wants to be born." Chase replied.

"But why?"

"No idea. But best guess? Something's about to happen somewhere else in the world."

"Something involving another Titan?"

"Perhaps. But it's only a theory. It must be responding to something though for it to be-"

Cut off by a sudden flash from within the sphere, Chase, Shelby and Ms. Morgan looked on in wonder as it bulged near the top before stretching higher and higher into the air snapping the vines and cables holding it down. The pulsing grew brighter and brighter until it nearly blinded them, forcing them to turn away. And all the while a soft growl emanated from within.

And at last, breaking free of the spherical prison emerged a massive insectoid creature whose body pulsed with that same blue light. The titanic larvae turned around towards the containment teams on the platforms around it, staring curiously between them as Chase's voice broke through to Shelby's ears.

"Meet Titanus Mosura. Or as we like to call her..."

"Mothra." Shelby finished, a large smile spreading on her face.

"Incredible." Ms Morgan echoed softly, voicing the wonder they all felt inside.

As Mothra continued to analyze her surroundings, an artificial voice echoed through the chamber.

Kendal turned around towards Chase, smiling knowingly. And he smiled back with a subtle nod of his head. However...

BAM!

An explosion erupted from the walls behind him shattering the beautiful stone carving followed swiftly by a hail of bullets. Mothra reared up to observe the source of the new sounds as Shelby shielded her eyes from the chaos that was now ensuing. Bullet after bullet was fired until the only one left alive was Chade, who slowly stood up with hand in the air as a figure he recognized, but dreaded to ever meet, emerged from the smoking hole in the wall.

They shared a silent exchange for the briefest moment before a pistol was raised and a bullet was placed right between Chase'a eyes. Shelby gasped. But Ms Morgan, despite the suddenness of this attack, seemed far too calm. Her breath was slightly more rapid than usual, but her face and eyes betrayed her knowledge that this had been coming. And the smile the man who shot Tim gave her spoke volumes to his own expectations of this outcome.

Slowly he looked up at Mothra, and she down at him. And that sinister smile grew slightly wider as he looked down and beheld the Orca pulling with "Alpha Frequency Found."