Plan forming

Later that night, Serizawa sat on the deck of the Gotengo with his legs dangling over the edge as he watched the stars twinkling above him with a single faint smeared cloud just barely obscuring about 1/6th of the total skyline. A few moments later Billy emerged from the bulkhead and sat down next to him.

"Are you all right?" He asked.

"Mm."

"Just thinking."

"About the egg?"

"Yea."

"I see."

"Anyway, What else have you discovered recently?"

"Well, not a lot that's really new, so to speak. But I did find out one thing about Godzilla just earlier today. I've been waiting to share my report with you on the matter."

Billy handed him a printed screenshot of what appeared to be Godzilla's recent movement pattern through the Pacific.

"Can we confirm the accuracy of this?"

"Yes. I triple checked it before printing the image."

"Hmmm."

"What is it, Serizawa?"

"His pattern is bringing him closer and closer to the Chinese mainland."

"Well, she is going to hatch soon."

"True."

"Maybe he's getting closer in the event he needs to protect her?"

"Hm. It's possible. You did mention they have a bond. But I'm sure there's more to it than just that."

"Okay. What about Godzilla?"

"For now, we'll let him be. We confirmed he's passive and is simply patrolling his territory as expected. With no major threats like the MUTO's, I've no doubt he'll continue to keep to himself."

"I hope you're right. If he were to ever change focus or expand his perceived territory to any major landmass it'd spell trouble for everyone."

"Mm. Have faith, Mr Cranston."

"I know."

Serizawa smiled, "Now tell me about this other idea you have" he and Billy walked back towards the bulkhead, and he couldn't help but look up and wonder what Godzilla must be thinking right now.